Lower Body Lift Tomorrow

G2GAWAY
on 1/24/17 8:40 pm, edited 1/24/17 9:22 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I have a lower body lift tomorrow. I am apprehensive about the recovery (although I am sure it will be fine), but I am so excited about the ultimate outcome.  I saw the plastic surgeon today and he marked me up, so I am ready for my 6:30 am check in/7:30 am surgery. He doesn't normally mark up the day before, but I asked him about it a couple of weeks ago and he said, sure that would be great and he would take pictures. The cool thing is he said he is changing his practice for some of his surgeries so that they come in the day before now.  I am always about the journey as part of the fun (planning for a trip or special occasion-I think the anticipation is part of the fun).  So, now I am more excited than nervous because I can visually see what is going to happen tomorrow. The amount of skin I have is just insane. I had twins via c-section years ago (who were full term 7 pound 3 ounce and 6 pound 4 ounce babies) and carried around more than double what I weigh now for most of the last 20 plus years, so my skin is a hot mess.  I know he can't fix everything with this surgery, but it is a good start and I am excited to see the results. 

Edited to say:  I guess technically it is considered a belt lipectomy.  Not sure if that is slightly different than an LBL, but basically it is a 360 degree skin removal around the stomach.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/25/17 4:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope everything goes well today!!!!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Pokemom
on 1/25/17 8:42 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Best wishes for today, my fellow journey girl!  I am so excited to see how it all goes.

emelar
on 1/25/17 9:49 am - TX

Belt lipectomy and LBL are the same thing, as far as I'm aware.

Good luck tomorrow!  I had it done and the thing I worried most about (how to deal with an incision all the way around) was the easiest part of the surgery.  The muscle repair was a ***** to recover from.  When they ask you to cough, hold a pillow hard against your abdomen and cough very lightly.  

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/26/17 3:42 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I agree on the coughing (use the same technique for sneezing).  That was the worst part of TT!

I hope surgery went well!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

G2GAWAY
on 1/28/17 2:12 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Thanks everyone. Things went very well. The first two days were the toughest as far as getting up and down, but it has gotten much easier already. Went in yesterday for checkup and the doctor is very pleased with how I was progressing. Back again on Tuesday. I was able to shower last night which was awesome. I've been able to eat okay and trying to keep protein up, but haven't had a bowel movement since Wednesday morning...So I am getting worried about that. I'm normally regular every day. I have been taking miralax for a few days now and the doctor suggested adding ducolax too. Still nothing. Other than that I am feeling great, just a bit sleepy with the pain meds.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/29/17 3:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm glad to hear it is going well!

It was 6 days after my TT when I finally had a bowel movement and boy that first one was hard even though I had been taking stool softener. Milk of magnesia finally did the trick and I was fine after that. But I stopped taking opioid painkillers after the 2nd day (they made me nauseous).  

Most Active