Day 8 Post-op: TT and Facelift

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/19/17 4:28 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

TT drains and head wrapping were gone as of Tuesday (6 days post-op). Thrilled to be rid of the head thing! However Doctor wrapped the compression garment even tighter now that the drains are out.  Tomorrow he is taking out the non-dissolving stitches around my ears.  

I only took pain meds at bedtime the last 2 days (Tylenol).  Generally I'm comfortable sleeping, but have to be on my back in semi "lawn chair" position, which causes my back to hurt by morning because I slip down a bit.  I can almost walk straight in the morning - another good back thing as hunched over pulls at muscles in my back I didnt know I had! Face is looking less weird, but still bruised and swollen, so I still won't be going out this weekend, but I would think by the following one I should be presentable.  

I have been able to work from home as follows this week: 1/4 day Monday (5 days post-op); 1/4 day Tuesday (6 days post-op); 6 hours with 1.5 hour break mid-day Wednesday (7 days post-op). My plan for Thursday and Friday (today and tomorrow) is to continue with yesterday's routine.  Then real fulltime starting Monday.  

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Luvmygs
on 1/19/17 8:23 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Liz, you were so brave to have TT and facelift! I had my TT on 11/19/16 and I'm still trying to recover from that. I still can't wear my jeans. I LOVE the results, its just that the recovery has been pretty rough. I think I slept on a recliner for 2 weeks, but when I switched to my bed I placed a pillow under my knees. This gave me comfort and also prevented me from rolling over on my side. I'm 10 weeks post op and I still want to hunch over. I still feel a little tugging. But doctor wants me to straighten up as much as possible. I got approval for working out at 8-1/2 weeks. Good luck. I love my new tummy and belly button!

NYMom222
on 1/20/17 4:30 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

You seem to be doing really well. Getting the drains out a 6 days is awesome.... mine came out days 10 and 15.... I was sooooo ready for them to come out....

It is great to be back at work, but make sure you give your body time to rest...it is still very much healing...and make sure you are getting your protein in!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/21/17 3:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yes, I've been eating tons of protein - my surgeon thinks that's why I'm healing so quickly.  Yesterday I was more tired after the stitches were removed in front of my ears (ouch!), so I didn't work a full day.  I slept great last night so I think today will be good again.  I am trying to pay attention to my body.  

Thanks for your support!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Djmohr
on 1/30/17 10:29 pm
RNY on 09/29/14

i was thinking that was fast for drain removal too. I had my first one removed today (surgery 11 days ago). The second drain is not even close to coming out and since they removed the first one, the second one is collecting more.

Apparently I also have a small spot with a hematoma so that could be why mine is taking longer. The color is dark dark so she thinks it is old blood where my body collected it.

Cannot wait until they are gone though.

-Flo-
on 2/6/17 6:43 pm
DS on 04/11/16

You are doing great! Can I ask who you doctor is? I'm in Boston and looking for recommendations. 

Most Active