Next step for plastics

Djmohr
on 1/30/17 3:29 pm
RNY on 09/29/14

Your question about whether or not to lose those last 18lbs is a good one. Many surgeons will tell you not only to get to your goal but you need to maintain it for a period of time. This of course is to prevent you from having the plastics, losing more weight and then needing revisions.

I have also seen doctors that tell you to get as close to goal as you are comfortable with....in the end, it is up to you and your doctor.

The only advice I will give you is that maintaining for me is so much harder than the weight loss phase. I just simply is.....I think some of it is because when you don't see the scale move any longer you lose that motivation that drove you in the first place.

It took me a while but I finally have figured out what works for me and keeps me within the range I am comfortable.

I had my first plastics 4 months after hitting my goal and both my surgeon and I were comfortable with it. Normally she prefers to wait for a minimum of 6 months, some surgeons it is a year. I had an arm lift. Following that surgery, i noticed me struggling to not gain. This is because my body craved more protein i believe from healing. I gained 12lbs over a period of 6 months post brachioplasty. I was hard on myself and frustrated because I could not seem to get a handle on my hunger for a while.

Now, 11 days ago i had a full abdominalplasty and breast lift with augmentation. So far, it is hard for me to eat enough. Because of the abdominalplasty and my tummy being so tight, I have full restriction back. to keep up and ensure I am getting enough protein, I have had to go back to shakes twice a day. Just in the last 11 days, I lost the 12lbs and then some. they only took 2lbs of fat/skin off and of course I had implants put in so that is a wash.

I honestly hope that crazy feeling of craving more does not come back. It was hard to deal with and I am glad my restriction is back and my weight is back to goal.

In the end, you have to decide if you can get to your goal post plastics. You are very close, I will say that the hardest weight to lose for me was the last 20lbs. It took me the longest too.

Best of luck to you!

Most Active