Back to work today post multiple PS (with PHOTOS)

RNY_elizabeth
on 11/15/16 1:22 pm - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I asked the doctor and the nurse practitioner both...they both said the swelling was already gone and that this was the way they would stay. Wheeee!

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Heather L.
on 11/15/16 2:40 pm - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15

A friend who had her boobs done post-baby told me that at about 1.5-2 years out they settle quite a lot and that she wishes she had gone bigger to compensate.

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

RNY_elizabeth
on 11/16/16 7:02 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I have heard they 'settle' and sit lower on the rib cage.  I think in the end I will be happy. I am starting to get adjusted to them already and it has only been three weeks.

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

G2GAWAY
on 11/15/16 10:16 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Whoops. Guess I was wrong.  I thought the swelling would go down.  How much swelling did you experience with the tummy tuck?  Are you able to wear the clothes that you were wearing pre-surgery?

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

RNY_elizabeth
on 11/16/16 7:04 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

The TT area had a good bit of swelling the first week. I didn't wear anything but pjs honestly because everything hurt.  Now that the swelling is down nothing I wore before fits, it all is too loose. I was in a 4 or 6 prior to and now I am in a zero. I was shocked at how much of my tummy really was just skin. 

~E

G2GAWAY
on 11/21/16 11:04 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the stomach area is all skin. I had my consult and really liked the doctor alot. He said that it is all skin and that my skin looks like I had lost even more weight than I have (which means I have a lot of excess skin)  Some of it probably stems from having twins that were carried full-term.  That probably did a number on the skin too.  He said he wouldn't even do liposuction. I booked a date for the belt lipectomy in January a couple of weeks after a Caribbean cruise. I didn't want to jeopardize our scuba diving by not being able to go in the water. I have to tell work after Thanksgiving. (dreading this because there is never a good time) I'm going to suggest that I will take 2 weeks off, work from home one week, and then work most of the day in the office after that if I am up to it. I would much prefer to work than just sit at home if I am feeling OK physically. It's a desk job so probably doable.  Hope you are continuing to heal well.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

RNY_elizabeth
on 11/22/16 7:16 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Congrats on getting scheduled!  Look forward to hearing how everything goes for you.  I am healing great.  Everyday I feel more like myself.

~E

wyo_sarah
on 11/16/16 8:33 am

Thank you so much for your post and all the information. I was just approved for an panniculectomy yesterday and was hoping to get that, a tummy tuck and breast lift done before the end of the year. Unfortunately, finances are going to prevent that. My authorization is good for a year, so at least I have a time frame. Reading about your recovery time is very encouraging for me. I was told 4-6 weeks recovery, but I will make sure I'm as lean as possible so hopefully my time will be shorter too.

thanks again, you look fantastic!

RNY_elizabeth
on 11/16/16 8:42 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Lean is the key as I understand it.  They told me four to six weeks as well.  Honestly if I had a more physical job I would still me home on the couch watching Law & Order. As it is I'm exhausted by the end of the day.  I'm back but that 4-6 week thing is still there and I am still healing. Best of luck to you!

~E

wyo_sarah
on 11/16/16 8:51 am

Do you mind if I ask how tall and how old you are? Our starting weights area out the same but I'm currently 153. My initial goal was 160 but I'd really like to maintain at closer to 145 or 140. I got to 140 once about a year ago but rebounded up quite fast.

Most Active