Scars at 9 months :-(

MyBariatricLife
on 10/21/16 8:41 pm

Your results do look very nice aside from the scarring. East assured they will continue to lighten until about 18-mos post-op. But they aren't going to get VERY light. I am 3-yrs post op and my scars are definitely visible -- some areas rather dark and thick where there was a lot of tension, other areas very faint where there was little tension. Based on my experience, I would say that scar above your bum will not always have those vertical scars... mine faded. 

I do hope you are enjoying your body. I did not see your before photos but you have a nice body now. I especially like your breast lift. As for the scars, if you are like me, you get used to them over time and they don't bother you, really... except the hypertropic brachio scars, which I did have addressed with v-beam laser. It's really the only thing that works -- it lightens them, too. I prefer that to cutting out the scars... I did not want to deal with healing issues and all that. A couple minutes of laser over several courses is much easier to endure!

Good luck on whatever you decide. xxx ooo

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

ICG63
on 10/22/16 7:21 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks so much MyBariatricLife.

I will look in to v-beam laser. It is definitely a process over time..

:-)

Jennifer K.
on 11/1/16 12:48 pm - Phoenix , AZ

I would talk to your surgeon about injecting the scars with steroids and I would most def find a massage therapist that has training in scar therapy. My surgeon sells 100% silicone patches/gel. The patches you get better result but can be a PIA, gel is easy... I really liked the results I received from scar away (I bought on amazon)... I even used it on OLD scars (over 10 years) and saw improvement.

I recently had HALO laser on my arms... I posted about it yesterday. I have had great results from it so far and with just one treatment. I had a scar revision and it was not until about 10 months post-op the surgeon suggested the laser.. prior to that we tried the steroid injections/scar massage... while it did improve/help with the scar tissue, roping, some keloids I had, the laser gave me the most improvement with just 1 treatment. 

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

ICG63
on 11/2/16 6:52 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thank you Jennifer K!

Most Active