Kind of disappointed in my tummy tuck

KarenRaeV
on 11/3/16 10:11 am
RNY on 06/03/13

WOW HOW CAN YOU TT BE INSURANCE COVERED...JUST CURIOUS.

NYMom222
on 9/28/16 9:54 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Please try and find someone with experience with people who have had massive weight loss. It makes a difference. I always say the quality and quantity of our skin is more challenging.... Every Doc will say they can do it.... but not everyone gets the same results.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

NYMom222
on 9/28/16 9:58 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am sorry you had a complication. I would talk more in depth about it, and probably revise if the surgeon is willing. You can't always predict what will happen, it doesn't mean it can't be helped.... Now is your opportunity...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Jen F.
on 9/30/16 7:15 pm - Minneapolis, MN

I had a revised panniculectomy in March and surgery 6 weeks later in April to remove necrotic fat. The necrosis was right next to the new belly button put in. taking out the necrosis left a hole in the tissue of my belly. It seems my doc tried to pull some of the soft tissue from one side towards the middle to make the hole less noticeable. More necrosis came in in that spot and a couple of others. It was PAINFUL.
The doc suggested we wait 2-3 months before deciding on another surgery. 
Three months was up in September. Since there is no more pain, there won't be any more surgery. I still have the lumps and hole. I can feel them and after surgery (both of them) I was touching them all the time because there was hard lumps where there shouldn't be lumps.
By appearance, my new belly button is now off-center and angled. I really hate that, but my main concerns were infection and pain. Both of those are gone. If I focus on what my belly (and my scars) look like, I really, really hate it. But I don't look at myself naked much (why?) and I don't care what I look like naked. Clothes fit me better and I'm not getting skin infections like I was from sweaty creases.

If you decide to have the necrosis removed, remember, you can get it every time you have surgery. There is no guarantee that it won't happen in tissue affected by the surgery.

If it's not painful, I encourage you to leave it be.

You're still pretty recent to having surgery. It takes at least a year to settle down and the layers of wound to "set." Your skin may relax over the area and you won't notice the bump. Your sutures and adhesions might tighten up and make it more noticable. Or everything in between. I suggest you wait the full year to decide if you want to do it again.

It's new. Of course you're very critical. It's such a big investment of time and money, and heart for yourself and others who care about you. It's very hard to get a perfect look from plastic surgery. Other then the bump, is everything OK?

lessofme123
on 9/30/16 7:32 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yes, everything is healing fine. I just have a hard lump that's about 4 inches by 1-2 inches. It's disappointing, but maybe I didn't have realistic expectations. So many people are thrilled with their plastic surgery, and i thought I would be too. I'm afraid you are right. More surgery may not really help. I wondered if it would leave a hole or dip where the lump was. It may be best just to leave it alone. I'll see what the surgeon suggests next week.

GAHP
on 10/1/16 6:20 pm

Maybe there is something you can do non-surgically after it has completely healed! I am astounded by the many/effective uses there are for lasers and cortisone injections nowadays!

MyBariatricLife
on 10/8/16 8:55 pm

Post photos of your before and after and describe your case on the plastic surgery website called RealSelf. There you can have other plastic surgeons review your case for free and give you their opinions. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active