Skin removal on stomach- not a full tummy tuck

beccaajones
on 8/18/16 7:04 am

I had skin removed last year in July. 

Just stomach, and down to private area. Muscle repair wasn't done because it was said I didn't need it. I lost 193lbs, and current weight when skin removed was about 140. He end up leaving excess on one side, and developed a wound infection where I woke up from surgery I had a huge gap where he had gone out of the incision line, like he messed up, then he cut his mistake away, if that makes sense. Sense surgery, I can't get my stomach to stop blowing up and then going back down, they say this is not surgery related because the inside was not touched. Either way, around my belly button he created it is very sensitive and I'man in extreme pain. I've been dealing with this since surgery, I've basically been sick sense then, for some reason, my whole body has been changed and thrown off, I need a good surgeon to look at me and tell me what's going on! I have Amerigroup so it's causing me a problem..if anyone knows, I'd appreciate the HElP

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 8/18/16 9:53 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I dont know where you live, so I can't recommend anyone close by - but Dr Joseph Michael in the Washington DC area does phone consults based on pix you send him.

READ your insurance policy carefully, some cover complications from elective surgeries, even if the original surgery was not covered.

Sharon

beccaajones
on 8/18/16 7:31 pm

Texas

I've really been trying everything an getting nowhere! It's a botched situation equaled with a lot of pain! The pain is the driving force, I spent my whole life covered up so I don't care about bikinis 

Tildy88
on 8/24/16 9:40 am

Hi Becca!  What part of Texas are you in?  I am having a panniculectomy done on Tuesday Aug 30th.  I love my Dr and have actually known him since he was 6.  LOL  I am in Houston, but he's in the Woodlands.

Laura in Texas
on 8/24/16 10:02 am

What part of Texas? Dr. LoMonaco in Houston is one of the best plastic surgeons around and has a lot of experience with post-WLS patients. He did my lbl/bl and I would go back to him in a heartbeat.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Iam_with_the_Band
on 8/21/16 2:14 pm

sounds to me like you had a dreadful half assed pannulectomy.  hopefully, you can find a surgeon who can fix your body.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

bikerchick519
on 1/29/17 10:31 am - MO
Was this plastic surgeon in the U.S.? This scares the crap out of me as I'm getting consultations right now and don't want anything to go wrong.
Most Active