Questions about Plastics

GingerrC27
on 8/16/16 6:17 am - Edinburg, TX

So, I was told by the PS office over the phone that I need to lose 35ish more pounds to get a tummy tuck.  Is it hard to get approved for Cosmetic Care Credit?  My credit is probably so-so.

Also, if possible I'm thinking I'd rather get everything lifted or at least get an arm lift and a tummy tuck.  Is it true bariatric patients can get what I think is called a total body lift (arms, breast, tummy, thighs, and butt) covered by medical insurance?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Come away o human child To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand, For the world’s more full of weeping than you can understand

emelar
on 8/16/16 9:19 am - TX

It's highly unlikely you'd get an arm, thigh or butt lift covered by insurance.  Where there are medical reasons (chronic rashes), sometimes insurance will cover a breast lift/reduction or panniculectomy.

grayC
on 8/16/16 10:55 am
VSG on 05/01/13

I have had an arm lift, breast lift and lower body lift 

all in the same procedure, No insurance did not cover it, 

they will cover some funky like tummy tuck thing 

that is not focused on any aestheticly pleasing results

(so I've heard)

and will only cover that with months if not years

of documenting any and all rashes...

i paid for it myself, thru care credit..

they have many option plans for payment...

also take those 35 off before...

if you loose that after it will ruin the look of

your lower body lift... I was 20 lbs heavier than my 

lowest and was told if I was happy I didn't need to loose any more...

I have very good results, but, wish I had taken 10 off...

Han Shot First
on 8/16/16 1:44 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I was able to get my insurance to cover my tummy tuck, but that was it.  I was hoping they'd cover at least the belt lipectomy, but they would only do the front.  I also have a lot of extra skin on my inner thighs, and even though it rubs and I've documented my rashes with both my family doctor and the plastic surgeon, insurance would not cover it.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 8/17/16 9:31 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Use this time to get your credit rating improved. Pay down credit balances and/or put more in your saving s account.  I would look for a higher paying job than a school bus driver.

Few bariatric patients get anything covered by insurance.  For the big surgeries (8 hours or more on the table) the recoveries are extended - 2 to 3 months until you can get back to physical work - less if you do office type work.

Sharon

Iam_with_the_Band
on 8/21/16 2:15 pm

all depends on your health plan.  AND no one here can advise you of your coverage.  You will need to contact your own health plan.  It's your employer who determines your coverage.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active