Breast Lift/Aug & "Goal" Weight Question

FuturePinUp
on 7/20/16 7:33 am

Hello! I have two random questions that I'm hoping the vets can share their insight on.

1) So my boobs are pretty deflated. I mean, they're not that small but the loose skin ripples and it just bothers me. Currently, I am a 36F, and would love a breast lift in the future but do NOT want to lose any volume/mass. I would ideally like to keep my current cup-size but just have them fuller and perkier. Is this possible without implants? I am really freaked out by the idea of having a man-made implant in me, and have heard that often they need to be replaced - which also scares me.

2) So I have been hovering around 180 for the last month - which puts me right on the cusp of the normal/overweight chart for my height. I have a significant amount of loose skin and fat hanging from my belly area. Is it realistic for me to get to my "goal" of 160 while having this excess baggage? I guess I'm just thinking that my ideal weight being 160 (via BMI charts) doesn't factor in loose skin and fat hanging around and I want to be realistic. Those that have had a TT, LBL, etc., did you find you ended up dropping weight to get you to that "goal" after the swelling was over? 

Any insight you can provide on either topic would be appreciated. 

Thank you!!

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

hollykim
on 7/20/16 9:50 am, edited 7/20/16 2:50 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 20, 2016 at 2:33 PM Pacific Time, FuturePinUp wrote:

Hello! I have two random questions that I'm hoping the vets can share their insight on.

1) So my boobs are pretty deflated. I mean, they're not that small but the loose skin ripples and it just bothers me. Currently, I am a 36F, and would love a breast lift in the future but do NOT want to lose any volume/mass. I would ideally like to keep my current cup-size but just have them fuller and perkier. Is this possible without implants? I am really freaked out by the idea of having a man-made implant in me, and have heard that often they need to be replaced - which also scares me.

2) So I have been hovering around 180 for the last month - which puts me right on the cusp of the normal/overweight chart for my height. I have a significant amount of loose skin and fat hanging from my belly area. Is it realistic for me to get to my "goal" of 160 while having this excess baggage? I guess I'm just thinking that my ideal weight being 160 (via BMI charts) doesn't factor in loose skin and fat hanging around and I want to be realistic. Those that have had a TT, LBL, etc., did you find you ended up dropping weight to get you to that "goal" after the swelling was over? 

Any insight you can provide on either topic would be appreciated. 

Thank you!!

gravity will not allow breasts without implants to be "perky".

ideally,most surgeons want one to be at goal weight for about a year before plastics. I was told I could gain or lose 15# before it would affect my lower body lift.

FuturePinUp
on 7/21/16 6:57 am

Well maybe not "perky" as in, stick a pencil under and it won't fall, but more full, I suppose.

My insurance is likely going to cover a panni removal so I'd like to get it done sooner rather than later, before there's a large lapse in documentation of problems vs. actually getting the surgery.

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Crazeru
on 7/20/16 12:14 pm

You can take pics from the front, side, back and other side and email them to [email protected] and he'll get back to you with a quote and let you know if he thinks losing more weight would give you a better look. 

I just had the breast lift.  I don't have upper pole (upper part of breast) fullness. but my nipples point forward and my boobs look better than they did in my 20s.  I had enough breast tissue to be a full 38D, coming from a floppy 40D with nipples pointed at my feet.  Click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line then go to Photos and look at breast lift photos. 

Silicone implants I think need to be replaced around 10 yrs out I think, Gummy's are ok.  I didn't have augmentation, so you'd need to check about how long. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

FuturePinUp
on 7/21/16 6:58 am

I definitely keep hearing that 10 year thing, but then when I look at the Real Self forums, some surgeons say that it's a myth, and that now with the implants being used, there's no need. Thank you for the link! I will check it out.

Leslie W.
on 7/20/16 12:20 pm - Cobourg, Canada

With a lift they do not remove breast tissue just skin. The breaast tissue gets moved into the new breast. A lift is usually done with anchor scar. A good option is to do lift first. Let it heal then decide if you need augmentation. This will put less stress on blood flow to nipple and surrouding tissues. Then if you decide you want more volume you can do BA. 

As far as skin removal it all depends on how much you have to she scale really move. Ive had a lot of skin removal. While the scale did drop during healing it did settle back to baseline.. your surgeon can give you better idea

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
FuturePinUp
on 7/21/16 6:59 am

Thank you! That makes sense!

Cindy Cooney
on 7/20/16 1:44 pm - NJ
DS on 06/30/14

I am in the same boat as you having just completed a LBL 3 weeks ago and my breasts are deflated.  I did this surgery first as it was Dr. Capella's recommendation.  I will be doing the upper body next June.  

I would find a plastic surgeon and do consult a few.  First thing is you are not hiring someone for the procedure.  You are hiring a surgeon that you know can do the work.  Not everyone does body contouring.  If you chose to travel outside the US, be prepared for better prices, but not every surgeon is equal.  I did have a consult with Dr. Sauceda and my final decision was to use Dr. Capella and I have no regrets thus far.  

But when I look at all the breast lift pictures, the implants look so much better than with breast that have been lifted.  When I do get my lift - I want full breast and I want that implant put under the chest wall muscle.  This way when I go for my yearly mammography it will be easier than if the implant is on top of the chest muscle.  You are going to want to see the tissue instead of having to move the implant to get to the chest tissue.  

Not all surgeons do this.  Most US surgeons will put the implant under the chest muscle.  

Good luck in your search.  I love the lower body lift.  My husband thinks I look fantastic and no more extra skin to dry and powder in the morning.  Still recovering, but this was the best decision in my life. 

RNY - 3/26/14

HW - 380

CW 0 259

DS - 7/30/14

HW - 285

CW - 264.4

Dr. Greenbaum

FuturePinUp
on 7/21/16 7:08 am

Thank you so much for your feedback! I don't think I would travel to get my procedures done, as there is a very good chance my insurance will cover my panni removal (from preliminary conversations with them and my WLS Clinic). So ideally, I'd like to find a surgeon that would accept that and then I'll pay any additional out-of-pocket for the aesthetics, as far a TT or LBL is concerned. 

I'm in NYC so Dr. Capella is definitely an option for me, if he accept the insurance for panni and lets me pay the additional. Plus, I have heard such wonderful things about him on here and love going through his before/after gallery.

The implants really do look better. I am a little concerned though about also having to go in for those annual MRIs to detect silent leaks, etc.

My husband is unfortunately very against me having any sort of plastic surgery. While I love that he accepts me no matter what, I know that, at the minimum, doing the TT will make a world of difference in my life and just mentally.

Good luck with your recovery! Only 3 weeks out and already love the decision?? That is so wonderful!!

Cindy Cooney
on 7/21/16 2:29 pm - NJ
DS on 06/30/14

My husband was dead set against me spending the money.  Two weeks after the drains were removed he said oh my God you look fantastic.  So now he is on board with the rest, but would like for me to take a year in between to financially recovery.  I don't think that will happen.  I dont' think Capella deals with insurance, but you could pay out of pocket and have the insurance reimburse you.  I love the office staff and I did look at 3 surgeons before I made the decision to go with Capella.  I am thankful I decided to not travel out side the US.  Too many things to do wrong and peace of mind you surgeon is here to fix you if something doesn't  go right.

You are right, mentally there is something about working hard to lose the weight and just having the skin.  It not about being a size 3 but more about being comfortable naked.  I can see that possibility now.  This surgery all that I dealt with in the first week was so worth it.  I would do it again.

RNY - 3/26/14

HW - 380

CW 0 259

DS - 7/30/14

HW - 285

CW - 264.4

Dr. Greenbaum

Most Active