Arm/shoulder tattoo and brachioplasty

Wyldblu
on 7/30/16 9:33 pm, edited 7/30/16 2:40 pm

I happen to love my arm tattoo..and after I have brachio surgery, plan on doing sleeves on both arms. I take offense at your comment that tattoos deface or deform women. How judgmental. Don't like them? Don't get them. No need to be rude to those of us who happen to love their tattoos. And btw, who the hell wants to judge themselves against an airbrushed model? Sheesh.

Wyldblu

RNY_elizabeth
on 10/13/16 1:30 pm - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Cringe away. I love my tattoos and still feel beautiful. When I talked to my PS he said that I will lose a few of the flowers but that the overall look of the tattoos, except where the scar line is, should be unharmed.

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Christina235
on 8/10/16 8:24 pm
On June 28, 2016 at 11:46 AM Pacific Time, Mary B. wrote:

Hello everyone!

I have my sights set on brachioplasty (at a minimum!). I need to get these wings cut off. If I could only choose one surgery, that would be it!

My question is... Im getting a new tattoo and I really want it on my upper arm/shoulder area. Im curious if I have brachioplasty after, will it affect the tattoo? Im thinking the skin isn't pulled too tight, just the excess, hanging skin is removed. Has anyone with a tattoo had this done?

Thanks!

If a person has a tattoo which is within the area of arm skin that is going to be removed then, certainly the tattoo will have to be removed during the surgery. But in some cases it depends on where the tattoo is and how much it will change. One of my friends had the tattoo on his shoulder changed. But after the arm lift surgery ( http://www.drfoudaneel.com/arm-lift-montreal/ ), it came back in it's proper place.

gladys_brown
on 10/11/16 12:50 am

You can ask your surgeon on how much skin will be removed or pulled in your surgery. Hoping for the success of your operation.

Most Active