Breast lift concern

momforlife35
on 6/30/16 1:38 am
VBG on 06/05/14

I think that's normal. My surgeon told me that patients undergoing breast lift can anticipate significant swelling in the immediate post operative period. This swelling resolves quickly with the vast majority being gone in about three weeks. I am 40 years old and had my breast lift in Manila a couple of months ago and my surgeon was Dr. Rino Lorenzo. I also did a tummy tuck to enhance my body.  I felt tired for a few weeks but I am feeling much better now. Talk to your surgeon and also do a full check up if the swelling persists longer. Get Well soon !

mynameisprl321
on 6/29/16 11:50 pm

All the best lessofme123 (Y)

gladys_brown
on 7/6/16 12:48 am, edited 10/24/16 2:55 pm

Following breast lift surgery, patients may experience discomfort, swelling, and bruising, which typically last from two to three weeks. Prescription pain medications may make patients more comfortable during the first week of breast lift recovery. Patients are required to avoid sleeping on their stomachs for the first two weeks, and are advised to take sponge baths until the sutures are removed. Your doctor will make other suggestions to maximize comfort during the recovery period.

ChristyO
on 7/6/16 1:18 pm
RNY on 02/01/16

From experience with many many surgeries you need to see the surgeon again fast while something can still be done about it do not wait or assume it will work itself out.   You can end up with permanent results for the rest of your life. You probably should also schedule a second opinion with another surgeon Seriously! 

ChristyO

Height 5'4

S.W. 251

C.W. 129

G.W. 125

lessofme123
on 7/6/16 1:23 pm

Thanks. It's already much, much better.  I was only a few days out from surgery and had a lot of swelling.  I did ask the doctor about it when I saw him last week. I think it'll be fine.

gladys_brown
on 10/24/16 9:54 pm

Your doctor will make other suggestions to maximize comfort during the recovery period. 

Mell
on 10/25/16 8:26 am

When I had my TT my rear end was soooo swollen! I looked like a rap video backup dancer! I was so stressed out but like everyone said my swelling just pooled there and after 3 months or so I was back to myself.  I always have had a bigger rear end but it was ridiculous for a min!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Crazeru
on 10/25/16 11:33 am

If there is a lot of side boobage, generally, the only way to remove it is an upper body lift (UBL).  Sometimes, and arm lift can go through the armpit and down to help remove the skin.  When I had my BL, Dr Sauceda, took the line out a few inches to get some of the side skin, but I went back 2 yrs later for a UBL.  It got the side boobs and the upper back loose skin.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

lessofme123
on 10/26/16 3:55 am

I'm about 4 months post op now, and the area under my arm is much better. I do have a slight dog ear under one arm, but I think I will leave it be. I don't want to be cut upon any more than I have to.  I'm scheduled to have a revision to my tummy tuck in a few weeks though. I have a hard lump from fat necrosis that will be removed, and the scar from it will be fixed.

Most Active