Breast lift concern

lessofme123
on 6/19/16 3:11 pm

I had a breast lift and tummy tuck last week. As the swelling  goes down and things settle, I am really concerned about the skin under my armpits. It feels like I have a wad of paper towels under each arm. I this normal? If the lift is botched, do most surgeons make corrections without charging? Righthe now it is really uncomfortable. 

Leslie W.
on 6/19/16 7:44 pm - Cobourg, Canada

One week is way too soon. It can take 6 weeks and more for swelling to go down to months. Sounds like you have lots of swelling. After my lift it took months to see final results. I have some side skin left over that my surgeon will revise at no cost it will mean a longer scar from breast to sides. Have had augmentation since so it did fil out somewhat. Swelling is horrid. Just be patience for swelling and fluid to be reabsorbed.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
lessofme123
on 6/20/16 2:48 pm

Thanks.  I have no experience with plastic surgery, so I really don't now what to expect. Glad to hear it will probably settle in.

Leslie W.
on 6/20/16 4:13 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Iit can take 6 months to a yr to see final results especially with TT. I've had masteoplasty,brachioplasty, posterior belt, BA, spiral and medial thigh lift. Just 3 weeks post medial thigh lift. Still hae one drain in. Swelling is the worst. Just listen to your body. If swelling doing too much and time to put your feet up. Seromas are not uncommon. Takes time to heal but results are worth it.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
emelar
on 6/20/16 8:59 am - TX

I second what Lesley said - it's too early to tell if anything is wrong or needs to be fixed.  You may have dogears, basically a place where the skin bunches at the end of the incision, but a lot of that resolves itself without any intervention.  Worse case, dogears can be fixed in an office procedure.  But give your body a chance to fix itself first!

lessofme123
on 6/20/16 2:50 pm

Thanks, that is good to know. Athanks first I was worried my boobs wereally too small, then started worrying they are too big and puffy in my armpits.  Hopefully everything wi) settle in just right.

lessofme123
on 6/20/16 2:51 pm

Thanks, that is good to know. Athanks first I was worried my boobs wereally too small, then started worrying they are too big and puffy in my armpits.  Hopefully everything wi) settle in just right.

Sonalf
on 6/21/16 2:00 am, edited 6/20/16 7:09 pm

Don't worry. I guess when the swelling goes down completely you will feel better. Downtime for every plastic surgery is quite annoying. A friend of mine had undergone a breast lift in Barrie. She says going through the downtime need patience. She had to wait for 2 weeks for the swelling to subside and I guess it depends on people. But if it is really uncomfortable I guess you should book an appointment with your surgeon ASAP. It can be dog ears also. "Dog ears" refer to the mound of excess skin at the very end of an incision line, Here is a blog which says about correcting dog ears after a tummy tuck procedure.

http://www.lakeviewsurgery.com/blog/tummy-tuck/correcting-do g-ears-tummy-tuck-surgery/

Hope this blog would help you.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

NYMom222
on 6/21/16 2:46 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I know what you are talking about. That is one way to put it...'wad of paper towel'...LOL.... I am 7 weeks out from BL, and while it is mostly gone, I still do feel that tightness under there occasionally. Yes that was one of the most uncomfortable parts.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

lessofme123
on 6/21/16 2:49 pm

That's good to know it is just swelling. I was afraid my surgeon messed up and left too much skin.  It is less swollen today, so that makes me feel better too.

Most Active