Arm lift, Breast lift with Augmentation, tummy tuck together

ICG63
on 5/22/16 8:04 pm
Revision on 10/31/13

I'm 5'6" and was 179 at the most recent surgery (LBL, breast lift and arms). Now 170 or below. Goal is to stay below 170.

I had a abdominal hernia repair that was combined with a TT a few years ago. I might never had had plastics if I didn't need the hernia repair. Having said that, I wish I had done more homework and found a surgeon specializing in weight loss patients who could do the operations together in the first place. I'm sure it is different with every body, but with mine, after the TT I was left with dog ears at my hips. Big handfuls of fat left where the TT ended on the sides. The way I understand it now, for someone who is equally big in back and front, just taking care of the front will not end up looking balanced. The lower body lift should have been my go to at first. When I met with Dr. Capella and he explained what was possible, (what he thought I would be a good candidate for), I could't believe he could do it all at once. But having done over 1000 procedures, he has it down to a science. Even though his assistant was out on the day of my surgery, all of the work he did took (only) 7 hours. The way I thought about it, was that if he felt it was possible, I knew that I'd rather be in a big pain once, then more than once. Pain is relative. If it was just my arms, I would have been focussed on them and they'd be awful, but when theres a lot everywhere its not like it was triple painful---if that makes any sense? It's more uncomfortable than anything else. The drains are just super awkward and gross, but that's only a short time. I should say though, that I didn't have abdominal muscle tightening. That would have made it worse I'm sure.

I still have a lot of scars and healing, but I have confidence that they will fade, and if I don't like them, after a year, Dr. C will fix them. I am just now starting to come to terms with what is good and what I still have issues with. I'm so grateful that I was able to do this. I'm 52 and wearing a bikini for the first time in my life! (Wore one last year before this most recent surgery.) I'm trying to live fully and accept myself and make up for all the years that I was so uncomfortable. The more I learn, the more I realize that attractiveness has more to do with confidence. So I better make peace with my legs etc.. and enjoy what is. 

Browneyedgirl33
on 5/23/16 5:02 am

Thanks so much for sharing this with me! Big hugs to you! So very happy for you and I for sure want to feel the same about myself. Hoping I can do this and everything be ok. I only want to take two weeks off of possible but will see if I can work from home for a couple of weeks too on top of it.

another question: I live on third floor. Will I be able to climb up after surgery? 

Leslie W.
on 5/23/16 6:09 am - Cobourg, Canada

Stairs shoouldd not be a problem. Only thigh lift you need to be careful

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
ICG63
on 5/23/16 7:16 am
Revision on 10/31/13

You're welcome. 

If you can climb your stairs now, you'll be able to climb after.  Maybe slower at first ;-)

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/16 11:21 am
On May 22, 2016 at 6:42 PM Pacific Time, Browneyedgirl33 wrote:

what weight were you at before you undergone the surgeries

Did anyone do all three of these together and if so was it bearable?

Also do you think we would be bikini able after this surgery or will we never look like normal smaller people?

if I pay this much I would like to look really good but I am hoping I wont be disappointed either

Looking into getting all three done together

Please let me know your experience. 

Be really careful of any surgeon that would do that many surgeries at once.  The risks are very high and so not worth it.  There is a guy in Monterrey that does this and he has had several deaths, too.  If a surgeon would even agree to all that surgery at once, that is a good reason to walk away and find someone else.

NYMom222
on 5/23/16 9:49 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I had LBL and Hernia repair on 2/29 and the breasts done and Arms on 5/2. I am glad I didn't do them together... but some people do and seem fine.

The first surgery I had 4 1/2 pounds of skin removed and the second surgery one pound. I was surprised it was so little. Looking at myself, I still felt 'fat'... the Doc could see the 'me' under the skin. At my first meeting with the surgeon I used (Dr. Joseph Michaels, DC area) after examining me and poking around...LOL..He told me I was 'really skinny" ...I couldn't see that. Even though my mind is still catching up to it...this is the me that was under there, I just couldn't see it.

Having Body fat testing really helped me realize I was closer to pursuing plastics than I thought. The Hernia moved me forward.

I reposted my account of the body fat testing on my blog... Body fat Testing

I didn't end up using Dr. Capella in Northern NJ.... He is a well respected surgeon, He was willing to do my LBL, breasts and arms together.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

valdalander
on 5/25/16 1:55 am

I haven't done any of these but may consider it in my near future. Right now I'm doing regular workouts and looking for some good diet plan. I have fat around my stomach and arms and I need to reduce them. one of my friends has done breast augmentation surgery few years back and her boobs looked really natural. She just finds it difficult during her recovery period as she lived alone.
You should decide the surgeon doing upon their experience and also ask reviews from their previous patient. And about the case of bikini, I think it depends on upon your healing time. Everyone heals differently but I have heard many wears it 1 month after post-op. Good luck with your surgery!!! 

momforlife35
on 6/9/16 1:59 am
VBG on 06/05/14

Good luck with your surgeries! I was 150 lbs when I had mine. I love the result. Just do it.

Most Active