Did people notice?

NYMom222
on 5/16/16 4:50 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I didn't have a thigh lift either, and I would fit into all size 8 pants except for my thighs...So some 8's and some 10's...depends.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

kokosuggs
on 5/20/16 10:22 pm

Does insurance pay for any of this? I feel like my boobs are worse than my tummy :(

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

lessofme123
on 5/21/16 2:24 am

Everyone's insurance is different,  but most do not pay for cosmetic surgery. You'll have to check with yours.

godzilla
on 5/26/16 7:32 am - Israel
I live in Israel and tried to do what i could within the healthcare system and i appealed on my apronectomy (lower abdominal excess skin removal and not circumferential). Three kilo was removed and outside my apartment i wear skirts,dresses,zip-up robe which all became longer on me-much longer due to the 3K skin being gone on,my short body it made a huge difference.
A year later i applied for a breast reduction and again i had to,appeal. I still had 'bra blubber'-the areas on each side of the breasts where bra covers and near and 'under' at the armpits. My healthcare system refused to pay for those areas so i worked night shifts (i live alone ad could decide when and where I'll work).
My apronectomy and breast reduction were both totally covered by health insurance including every follow-up apptmts i had. I did have to pay privately for my 'bra blubber' excess skin and I was thrilled for the opportunity however i did have complications aftr my both my procedures. It seems i am prone to wound healing issues and i am not a diabetic nor do i smoke at all.
This past November, i traveled to Monterrey Mexico to Dr. Sauceda whom i had read so much about him on these boards after trying to get in for consults with two of the best plastic surgeons in Israel for after weight loss, and for performing reconstructive plastic surgery but was refused because of my known previous medical history of wound healing issues that is written in my medical charts nor would i even hide such information.
So,i started emailing Dr. Sauceda (i had actually emailed him back in 2011 when i was having wound healing issues but this time i wrote and emailed him my entire medical situation along with pics; i live alone and taking nude selfies was by far the most difficult thing i had to do logistically.
My immediate concern was for my inner thighs and my only real rregret was not asking Dr.S a quote for inner thinghs and for total butt and thighs-my mistake.
I have gotten more compliments from people three months after my long inner thigh lift than any other of my plastic surgery procedures and i had the least 'complications' of any of my procedures. Dr.S lipod a liter from each thigh and i believe a kilo,of exces skin removed. My scars are groin to inner side of each kneecap.
he cost of surgery was obviously private (whereas in Israel i had not paid for anything) however in my research and consults for long thifh lift surgery, the cost in Israel with one night in hospital and three follow-up appointments was 68,000SH (divide by 4) and my surgery and trip in/to Mexico including 12 days in a hotel near the surgery center was about 9,000$.
Each surgical procedure by Dr.S is VERY INDIVIDUAL in how he prices based on one's individual body. I know the more procedures one has at a time with him, the 'lower' te overall cost may be...hence my regret in not asking more quotes on my body.
I had some savings and took out a bank loan that will take me three years to pay off.
I now fantasize on my outer thigh and butt (saddlebags), and my arms' hanging skin.
In addition i have been,complimented more on more body shape now than ever before! And i wear skirts or dresses and no,pants outside.
I look forward to,hopefully returning to Dr.S once my loan is paid off and. I,hope I'll be able to take out another loan,to,travel again.
Mikimi in Israel
butterfly3851
on 5/28/16 9:50 pm - TX

I'm 58 years old - lost 85 lbs  with a sleeve -  and had a tummy tuck and hysterectomy combo last year.  I didn't tell anybody and no one really said anything but I felt great!!  Awesome - worth the pain!!

Just had a bust reduction lift and lipo 2 weeks ago.  I was not planning on telling anyone. I had large breasts that hung down to my belly button.  Now my breasts are reduced to a D cup and they are now front and center - YOWSA!  Plastic surgeon could not safely remove anymore tissue to keep blood supply to my nipples.  So it's kinda obvious and a few people have noticed.  I still have hips so guess I'm in proportion.  I'm still swollen and in medical bra - compression sleeves as I had lipo on arms instead of bracioplasty - was scared on scars on my arms living in hot and humid country!  

I think I'll be happy in the long run with the reduction even though they aren't as small as I wanted.  Will be great when I can exercise again.  

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 6/3/16 10:44 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14
RNY on 12/22/14

I had a lot of facial work done and no one really noticed, so I don't think many (other than really close friends that you see everyday) will notice.  With the body work that you are planning - you can just say that you lost some more wt over the summer.  

From what I have seen, the tummy tuck can make a big difference for someone who is thin but carries all/most of their excess weight in their stomach area so they look heavier than they really are.  Now that is it gone with the tt, people see the real shape, not the 'apple' shape.

Unless you need help from them, I keep quiet - you can't unring the bell and if most people cannot understand someone's getting WLS, they certainly understand the desire for plastic surg. 

Sharon

Tempestt
on 8/7/17 7:41 pm
VSG on 09/07/16

Ha, this was one of my questions, as a teacher. I am looking into a BA/BL, LBL, arm and thigh lifts with Dr. Saucedo in December, which would mean I would be nearing the end of a semester with my high school kids and coming back just before they are through. I am definitely increasing my small chest size, and wondered how obvious this would be, since I've always worn padded push up bras.
The kids definitely noticed when I lost weight from my sleeve surgery last year, but not until months into it, and I didn't broadcast that I had surgery. I only had one speculate to my daughter, that I had had surgery done. My daughter didn't take the bait.

I'm more humoured by my slightly male chauvinistic boss noticing and not being able to say anything.

Thanks for asking the question and thank you for all of the responses.

Sleeve September 7, 2016

5' 3"; Highest Weight/Program Start Weight: 256.6 lbs.; Surgery Weight: 214.6 lbs. Goal Weight: 145

"A year from now you will wish you started today." - Karen Lamb

Most Active