Did people notice?

lessofme123
on 5/15/16 3:19 pm

I'm wondering how noticeable my tummy tuck and breast lift will be to my friends and coworkers.  I'm a teacher and am having surgery over the summer.  I'm sure I'll be able to tell a big difference under my clothes, but don't know how big a difference it will make when I am dressed.  Should I expect to change clothes sizes and bra sizes afterwards?  I haven't told anyone that I am getting this done.  I'll probably not keep it a secret, but just don't feel the need to broadcast my plans right now.

Laura in Texas
on 5/15/16 4:59 pm

I am also a teacher and had mine done over summer break. I look exactly the same in clothes pre/post lower body lift/breast lift. No one noticed. My clothes fit a bit better without the skin and shapewear, but I did not go down in size. If you are truly only having skin removed, no one should notice.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

lessofme123
on 5/16/16 3:53 am

Thanks.  Are you still glad you did it?  I have a feeling mine won't be that noticeable when I'm dressed either.  I think I'll feel better about myself though.

Laura in Texas
on 5/16/16 6:49 am

Definitely. My stomach looks as good now as when I was in my 20's. Not having to wrestle with shapewear anymore was definitely worth it. Also my self-esteem when being intimate with my bf has returned, which definitely made it worth it (he never wanted me to have plastics because he loved me as-is and was worried about me having surgery- he later admitted for my mental state he realizes it was the right call for me).

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 6/7/16 2:51 pm, edited 6/7/16 7:52 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I'm doing it because I want to look at myself in the mirror without being shocked.

If you want people to notice(which is not  bad thing) - look into facial, but even then, people might not notice that much.

Sharon

NYMom222
on 5/15/16 6:07 pm, edited 5/15/16 11:07 am
RNY on 07/23/14

My experience is a little different than Laura's. While I had a Lower Body Lift front and back, and he only removed skin...all of 4 1/2lbs, (No Lipo) it has made a huge difference in how I look. Everyone does a doubletake. The surgeon said I might not change sizes, but just look better in my clothes. I went from a 12 to an 8-10. Some 8 pants, some 10. Even one pair of 6's. I am 2 1/2 months out and still going down little by little. Yet when I take my measurements it doesn't really seem different.

I just had my breasts done(2 weeks tomorrow), and while they look nice and are probably still swollen, no one is like OMG what did you do to your breasts!?or anything. People are just like, Oh, you look great.

Edited to add: I lost 210lbs with surgery and am down 250+ since my heaviest weight. You may not have as much skin. I am also with you, not that I don't tell people things, but never felt the need to broadcast.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

lessofme123
on 5/16/16 3:57 am

Wow, that's great!  Congratulations on your weight loss and new body!  Thanks for the input.   I'm getting nervous and excited.

mell90
on 5/28/16 7:35 pm

I lost over 200 lbs as well and am also looking into plastics, so this is super helpful. Honestly, I didn't want to have to explain to my mostly male, early to mid 20's co-workers that I had this done, so I guess they'll have to assume I was just working out a lot during my days off or assume what they will lol. I just don't want to be talked about as far as them assuming I had plastics but I guess I can't change that. I have a lot of excess skin so I am anticipating that surgery will make a noticeable difference. From what I'm reading, the more excess skin you have the more of a difference you will see. Does that seem to be the case?

FuturePinUp
on 8/9/17 6:23 pm

The likely won't notice unless you currently wear very tight clothing to work. I lost close to 200 lbs and also work mostly with males. I also dress pretty professional - mostly wrap dresses, and black pants with dressy tops. No one noticed at all, and I also got small implants put in to fill my deflated cups out more.

My surgeon removed roughly 10 lbs of skin and tissue from my body.

I'm still swollen and healing, since my surgery was like 3 weeks ago, but it's definitely not noticeable. I still wear the same clothes, for now. I think the only thing that may become noticeable is if your clothing choices change, down the line, due to newfound confidence. But, that can always be attributed to a style/taste change. :)

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Leslie W.
on 5/15/16 11:58 pm - Cobourg, Canada

It was of you are looking good. Post breast liift wore the same size bra. Pant fit better. Lost 4 1/2 lbs sking from tt pants fit better. Didn't really go down in size. Still had.extra loose skin inner thigh?s stil needed the same size pants and a bet

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active