Bummed, surgery postponed!

breathemusic
on 3/17/16 8:00 am

The one thing that everyone dreads in the wait leading up to their surgeries has happened to me.  My surgery for an upper body lift was scheduled for this Friday.  Tues morning I woke up, felt horrible, went to urgent care and walked out with a diagnosis of strep throat and antibiotics.  Today, after several check-ins with Dr. Michael's office he wanted me to touch base with my PCP who did the surgical clearance and see if they still stand by their clearance.  I called, and because my last fever would have been less than 48 hours from surgery, she really couldn't recommend me having surgery.  ARGH!

Luckily, Dr. M's office just so happened to have a slot open up last minute for this Monday, so they were holding it for me for a few hours to figure out if we'd need to bump my appointment.  So while my surgery wasn't bumped by much, I'm losing the weekend recovery time, re-coordinating all the pick-up/drop-off/where is my car crap and it's just a major bummer.

At least I won't have a sore throat when I go under ......

breathemusic
on 3/17/16 8:27 am

Oh right..... my other consolation prize?  Lowest weight ever of 156 since my throat was too sore to really eat hardly any food other than the occasional greek yogurt and such.  LOL.  Though I'm not really counting on those 4 pounds staying off once I get back to my normal eating!  It will have been nice seeing the numbers while it lasted though!

Brendalp1966
on 3/17/16 10:26 am

Sorry it was delayed but they have your best interest at heart. Remember your throat may still be sore from the breathing tube down your throat. 

I am crossing my fingers and wish you the best on Monday.

I know what you mean the hard part of waiting for your surgery date. Mine is now scheduled for April 28th, it is all I can think about. I am going through the motions of excitement and anticipation. 

I can't wait to hear how it goes for you. Sending you positive vibes.

NYMom222
on 3/18/16 5:48 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

He is so great and so is Leah. Better to be safe and recover well.

What exactly does he do for upper body lift?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

breathemusic
on 3/19/16 7:31 am

For the upper body lift he does an incision along the bra line around my back to remove the excess skin on the back and sides. Sadly a LBL only really pulls up from the bottom, it doesn't do much to pull down from the top (at least on the back side). The UBL incision can either sort of taper off right at the edge of the underside of my breasts or he can hook it upward and just sort of connect it to my arm scar from the arm lift. I'm going to go that route since it will also allow him to remove a little skin where things have stretched horizontally there on the side under the arms and next to the breast. Basically, my goal is to come as close as possible to eliminating all bra muffin-top bulge!! 

Most Active