6 weeks out from Dr. Capella surgery-the good, the bad and the ugly!

Tracy D.
on 3/14/16 10:43 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Looking good!  It gets better and better :-)

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

ICG63
on 3/14/16 3:27 pm
Revision on 10/31/13

Lemily
on 3/16/16 10:59 am
VSG on 01/16/14

Tracy, you have always been so super helpful to me, so thank you! IN regard to your tummy tuck, how long did you actually swell for? Did the little "bulge" by the incision line ever smooth out entirely? my doctor keeps telling me yes it will go away, but sometimes its hard to believe them!

Tracy D.
on 3/16/16 11:07 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I still get late afternoon swelling, depending on what I eat, how much I set, etc.  I was told to expect off-and-on swelling for the first year post-op.  

The bulge by the incision line (mine was fat necrosis) isn't visible but I can feel it. It takes forever for it to resolve. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Lemily
on 3/16/16 12:11 pm
VSG on 01/16/14

Thank you for sharing. Im wondering it that's what this is. I still have 2 holes in my incision line that I am waiting to close up as well. I know im still so early on, but the head games with this is just as real as the head games with the scale et al. with the sleeve. Hope you are feeling and doing well!

Lemily
on 3/16/16 5:56 am
VSG on 01/16/14

I'm about 9 weeks out (01/06/16). My scars under my breasts took awhile to heal as well, but they were healed up about 2 weeks ago. One day it was leaking fluid the next healed. Patience is key....which I have none LOL. At about 3 weeks I had stitches put back in both breasts for about 3 additional weeks and that seemed to help.

I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair as well. When I had stitches put back in for the breasts, he redid the stitches in the middle of my stomach because it was not healing. 9 weeks later, I still have two little spots that are struggling to close up, and I have to pack them every day. The scar (once you have enough healing), should start fading and going away. My doctor gave me scar guard which is helping.

I have been told it takes up to 1 year for the boobs to get fully adjusted and in position and 6 month-1 year for all the swelling in the tummy to go down. Again, i'm not patient and I continually worry that the sutures will not flatten out and this is it. But, the doctor keeps reassuring me even this far out that I am still very swollen and my body will continue to tighten and the swelling will go away.

I just got cleared last week to start working out again so hopefully that will help. 88 pounds later, I still can't get the fat girl out of my head. I'm clearly not heavy anymore and I have almost no rolls LOL..but I am learning to accept that this is who I am and to start embracing it. I will never be stick tiny b/c my body composition will not allow it.

Sorry for the extra rant and thank you for listening. I haven't been on the site for awhile and actually typing/saying this stuff just helped me a lot!

ICG63
on 3/16/16 10:02 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks so much for posting. It's so interesting to hear other people's stories. It's definitely challenging healing with setbacks, and continuing to trust. My latest healing side track, is some hard areas near my elbow under my arm. It has felt funny under this arm since the beginning, and we've been watching it. Not sure what happens now, but will find out!

Good for you being cleared for working out. I've been feeling very lazy because I can't do stuff, and it makes me feel like the old me. Hard to get that person out of my head. I guess too because I've had so many failures in the past, it's hard not to always be waiting for it to happen again, instead of thinking I've changed--I can do this! Now I'm ranting. Thanks again :-)

breathemusic
on 3/17/16 8:10 am

Does "we've  been watching" mean the doc knows about it?  I only ask because I had 2 hard spots on my left arm and the doc used a syringe to see if they were seromas that needed to be drained in my first check-up after surgery and got nothing out, so he said it was probably just swelling and to apply heat and massage.  The little spot at the elbow went away.  The large spot in the middle of my arm didn't and next time I spoke to him about it he tried again and it drained a TON.  In fact, I even went back a second time and he drained more since it only shrank instead of going away.  He said that while a seroma may go away by itself, it can also become a cyst, or just do other things you wouldn't like.  I figure always better to go the cautious route and check!

ICG63
on 3/17/16 8:16 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks. Yes, they've touched it every time I come in, and said using a syringe can make trouble too, so they want to wait. Last time I saw the doc they weren't yet hard, now they seem to have hardened a bit.

Maybe time for another appointment... Did the draining hurt?

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/16 4:33 am

Hi there =) Just browse your photos and you look really great. Your breast surgeon really did a very good job. You just have to endure the healing process, that I believed will not last too long. Thanks for sharing!

Most Active