6 weeks out from Dr. Capella surgery-the good, the bad and the ugly!

ICG63
on 3/8/16 11:13 am
Revision on 10/31/13

I just posted update pictures at 6 weeks since body lift, brachioplasty, flankplasty, mastopexy with Dr. Capella (1/25/16). I tried to make a photo album, but instead these pics went to the "Uncategorized" folder. Argh. Anyway, just wanted to share where I am today. I guess I'm a little surprised that I'm still feeling uncomfortable in clothes. My breasts are super sensitive and the opening under my left breast is healing slowly. Wearing pants is uncomfortable because my scar along the back is super scabby and catches on clothes. That's the bad news (and the scabby area is super ugly). The good news is that it feels like spring today, and I can imagine swim season. Tried on suits today and feel pretty happy to be where I am at 52 years old. Everything is worth it to feel less bulky and jiggly. I can't even imagine how good it's going to feel when everything has healed!! 

Laura in Texas
on 3/8/16 4:02 pm

You look great and your surgeon did an excellent job!! Thanks for sharing!! 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

ICG63
on 3/8/16 7:15 pm
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks Laura in Texas :-) It's definitely a work in progress! I hope this helps someone.

NYMom222
on 3/9/16 2:05 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Your photos look great. I think you have great results. Healing takes time. 9 days out from Hernia repair and  LBL myself. Haven't pulled rogether a post and pics yet.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

ICG63
on 3/9/16 4:56 pm
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks for your kind words NYMom222 :-) I hope you are healing well! I look forward to seeing your posts and pictures. It helped me to appreciate where ever I am, to be able to look back at older pics. Even though I'm not as far as I'd like to be, I have come a long way! Thanks again. All the best!

grayC
on 3/9/16 6:00 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Looking FABOULOUS!! 

I had trouble with my jeans too, 

I was very  swollen for about 3 months and 

even though I could button them, 

they felt tight and concomfortable..

I also felt like they would rip me apart!

alls good now, to tell the truth I researched to

death, thought I had a good grip on what was going

to happen to me, and still got depressed and regretful...

thankfully it passed (as soon as the swelling went down LOL!!)

and I couldn't be happier..

ICG63
on 3/9/16 6:36 pm
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks GrayC. It's very helpful to hear your experience. I'm so glad that you are so happy!

I don't think I'm swollen anymore, except for my arms, but nothing seems to be fitting better, so it's a bit depressing. Maybe I am and can't tell. Even at the bust, some shirts that were tight across, still are!? So I don't know what's going on. I feel good and then bad and moody, and feel more than usual like I need some sort of reality check or validation. Also, not sure if I mentioned it, but I feel exhausted. I took a walk today and it was so beautiful, but I was dragging. I guess it can be a rollercoaster?

grayC
on 3/9/16 7:21 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

It's such a rollercoaster!

i felt Exausted, weak, depressed 

and generally ****ty, for well over 2 months..

not everyday, but most..

i was very flat the first couple days

and noticed the swelling right away.

Dr C was always very happy with the results but at 

6 weeks I was like.."IDK, I think I'm  swollen" " and he was like...

really your just 6 weeks...LOL! 

The breast perplex me too..

they took off excess skin, yet I'm bigger?!

im chalking it up to my boobs now sit in a TOTALLY different area

than they EVER did..in the past I just placed my saggy, baggy, deflated breast into my

bra..now there's actual substance that can't be minipulated...

on an up note, wore my size 4 Capri pants Today, ( they are from before plastics) 

and they fit sooo good, until they decided to slide down my rear!!!

ive never had much of a butt, but now I have no flat tire to keep them in place..

It really does get sooo much better, try to take it easy on yourself, we are our worst enemies..

ICG63
on 3/9/16 7:54 pm
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks again GrayC. Today I too noticed my pants sliding down in the back. So frustrating! I wonder if I need to be only wearing high waisted pants with a belt! I probably wouldn't be so annoyed with the pants slide, except for the gruesome view it would afford any unfortunate passersby! Good point about the breast... I too shoved a lot of stuff in to a bra which shaped and probably flattened them! Now I'm mostly going around without a bra, because wearing one is so uncomfortable. In a way, it's like a dream come true, but I wish I felt happier about it all... I am buying many 2 piece suits. That is my one main goal to enjoy myself, remaining flaws and all, in a bikini! Life is short! I've spent so many years unhappy and unhealthy in  one pieces, I want to enjoy this! Up and down, hopefully more up soon :-)

emelar
on 3/10/16 8:22 am - TX

You're in one of the classic stages of post-op life - hyper-critical of your results.  It'll pass.  And you probably are still experiencing some swelling, even if it's not super noticeable.  Let everything heal and settle down.  You'll have a much better idea of results at the 6 months mark.

I wore good foundation garments prior to PS, and my sizes didn't change at all after.  But I could wear everything without the foundation garments.  Heck, I can even run around bra-less now!

Most Active