Never thought I'd go there - Upper Body Lift (back fat)

breathemusic
on 2/23/16 1:24 pm

So I went back to Dr. Michaels and got a quote to do an extended vertical incision on my side.  Basically take the scar under my arm pit from my arm lift and extend and curve it down to the bottom of my breast.  I was hoping that this would take in some of the excess skin horizontally and reduce some of the bra bulge.  Of course, I realize it's not going to fix everything the way an upper body lift along my back would do, but I really didn't want a scar going through the middle of my back.

Well last night I went to a lingerie boutique that I was given a gift certificate to as a birthday present.  I've been in need of a professional bra fitting and new bras, and my swelling everywhere is pretty much resolved.  I tried on a TON of sexy bras and several corsets, and HELLO BACK FAT!  I mean, it's not noticeable now when I'm wearing a 38C that is way too lose in the band even on the tightest setting.  But in the 32F (sometimes 34 depending on the style and brand) that I was measured and fitted for, those bras really cinched up on the back flab.  And in the corset it was just horrible! 

Now, I realize that this is something that many people are just willing to deal with. Wear the looser bra, whatever.  But given the, ahem, extracurricular activities that my b/f and I like to partake in, I really want to be able to wear sexy things and corsets and not feel horrible about my body.  Enough that I'm thinking the scar might actually be worth it if it can be appropriately positioned to be covered by my bra line most of the time.  Of course, that won't help me during any nudist type activities, but I'm already covered in other scars anyway for that, so... le sigh.

Anyway, I'm now thinking of actually doing this, and doing it ASAP before it gets any closer to summer.  I could wait until after summer, but part of me just wants this journey to be over and done with.  I don't want to finally have most of my other scars fading well only to add a new angry red one when all my scars can be healing around the same time.

Argh!  Internal conflict abounds!

As a side note regarding the bra fitting.... I've had the cup size right this whole time, just the band size is way too lose so the band rides up my back.  So at least I had things partially right and wasn't cramming the girls into something too small or having a bunch of extra space in the cups!

Crazeru
on 2/23/16 3:06 pm

I had a UBL, because the back fat/loose skin...  Cute little tops, rolled up and it looked horrible.  I wore my bikini top for my markup with Dr Sauceda and my scar falls right where my bikini top hooks.  Only if I wear a low back 1 piece does my scar show.  When I don't care, I wear a 1 piece.    It does finish off the body.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

breathemusic
on 2/24/16 5:16 am

Thanks!  I know that my doc said he'd place it where my bra/bikini top would be so that the scar could be covered, but I figured that things can shift around, and since I'm still only a little over 2 months out from my other surgeries, I still don't know entirely just how my body will heal and scar.  I know things will fade over time, but to what degree, etc.  But the more I think about it the more I think it's worth it and I just want to get it done!

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/16 3:55 pm

You should do whatever makes you feel good about yourself. Just keep in mind the scars have to stay out of the Sun for a year, or they get much worse.

Most Active