Booked with Dr. Sauceda

RNY0615
on 2/22/16 9:13 am

So I have just emailed to secure a June 2nd surgery date with Dr. Sauceda in MX for an arm lift. I am TERRIFIED!!!! I will be alone, and aside from my RNY, I've never had surgery before. My RNY was done here in the states with my family by my side. 

I'm not only very afraid of the pain and procedure itself, but about being on my own in another country! I haven't told my family yet, I want to get it all booked first so they can't change my mind! 

I am single and live alone and am quite independent, but this is something entirely different! Any calming, soothing words of wisdom are appreciated! 

RNY0615
on 2/22/16 10:48 am

Does anyone know if I'll have drains?

grayC
on 2/22/16 12:07 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

I haven't read about any plastic surgeon doing drains for arms,

I know mine didn't...

arms are an uncomfortable experience, but not scary..

you will just realize how much you actually move them!

you will be fine..good luck!

RNY0615
on 2/22/16 12:13 pm

Thanks! That's great to hear because the idea of drains freaks me out. 

Crazeru
on 2/23/16 3:11 pm

Come over to Dr Sauceda group page here and read all about experiences.  I've been down there twice on my own.  Yes, generally Dr S puts in a drain in each arm.  They really aren't a problem.  They clip to your arm garment, the nurses will drain them in the clinic and Paty will drain them at the hotel.  It's easy enough to drain them yourself. 

Click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line.  Go back to Jan 2011 and Jan 2013 and you can read about my experiences.  As for pain, there was very little.  The twilight sedation and pain meds work for about 30 hrs, then you are given oral pain meds if you need them.  You can bring your own pain meds from your PCP down with you. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/16 12:42 am

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/16 10:17 pm

judyk62
on 7/6/16 3:18 pm - Santa Rosa, CA

I wonder if you would mind sharing your experience. I too live alone and am about to schedule an arm lift and lower body lift with Dr. Sauceda. Did you have much pain? Was being alone a problem? Would you recommend him?

Thank you.

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

Crazeru
on 7/13/16 12:04 pm

No real pain, discomfort yes.  Make sure you put everything down low, so you don't have to reach for anything in the kitchen, bathroom etc. 

I was 58 when I went the first time for a lower body lift, breast lift, arm lift and small thigh lift (groin area only).  4 days later I had a full neck and face lift including upper and lower lids.  The FL was more painful than all the body!  Ears pinned back against the stitches, had me reaching for my percs a few times. 

My daughter did do my heavy shopping/carrying for me when I got home.

I preferred being down by myself.  I'm a horrible sleeper and spent more time watching TV in the middle of the night and taking naps during the day.  Tom had surgery on Tue and me on Thur, so we hung out after we left the clinic for the hotel.  We saw a couple of movies and ate together.

I went back 2 yrs later for an upper body lift by myself.  Took a few extra days before as a tourist and visited the caverns and the Santa Lucia River Walk. 

I don't speak Spanish, but had a translator on my netbook and a phrase page to point to.  Plus, you can always call Dr S and he'll talk to the nursing staff.  The clinic has 24/7 nursing care and Dr S comes daily to see you both in the clinic and the hotel when possible.  His RN Paty comes to the hotel daily to help you shower and get back in your compression garments. 

I wanted everything done at one time and it's with Twilight Sedation, which was even better for me.  I was alert in the recovery enough to talk to both my daughter then my mom and sister.  Click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line and it'll take you to our group here on OH.  You can search or go back to Jan 2011 and Jan 2013 where I documented daily about my experiences.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Iam_with_the_Band
on 7/18/16 1:20 pm

I have had 9 procedures by Sauceda. He's the best! Pain is minimal to none. I was happily surprised! Are you on his Obesity Help page?

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active