small setback -opening under breast

ICG63
on 2/20/16 8:00 pm
Revision on 10/31/13

I had surgery with Dr. Capella almost a month ago. Breast lift, flankplasty, brachioplasty and body lift.

Was feeling pretty lucky that my recovery has been fairly easy. Back to work (computer from home) after one week, and healing well. Being careful, taking it easy. Then a week ago got a lung infection (don't think there's any connection to surgery), so I've been coughing my head off.

Feeling weak and wiped out from all the coughing. Just noticed as I was getting in to bed that there is an opening under my left breast at the place in the center at the upside down "T" :-(.  I think I've been coughing so much, it opened. I thought things were unlikely to happen like this so far out :-(.  So bummed, so had to share. Took a shower, applied gauze and hope this will be in the rear view mirror soon.

Any tips to avoid more setbacks?

grayC
on 2/21/16 7:07 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Hi!

I'm so glad you're feeling well and are having a relatively easy eating process..

all I can say is just do what he says....I also didn't think I'd open up, but did

on breasts, arms and LBL line...it takes a while to heal, but will in time.

nothing you can do to avoid it, sorry to say...

ICG63
on 2/21/16 7:23 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks grayC :-)

acbbrown
on 2/21/16 8:07 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I had two openings during my recovery. Time and patience are your best friends. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ICG63
on 2/22/16 7:09 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thank you

Laura in Texas
on 2/22/16 2:44 am

I had an opening in my backside at a month out, too. It healed within 2 weeks. Sometimes they just happen. Hang in there.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

ICG63
on 2/22/16 7:09 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thank you

breathemusic
on 2/22/16 11:15 am

I had a small opening in my arm pit where a Y shaped incision met.  It was small, about the size of the head of a pencil eraser at best, but it just felt like it wasn't really getting any better after 2 weeks.  I was back at the surgeon's office for another check-up and he noticed that I had a small bit of a stitch right there at the incision that was surfacing (I had quite a few bits of those dissolving stitches that my skin "spit" out and sort of pushed to the surface).  He plucked it out with some tweezers and said that it would probably  help the wound heal, and lo and behold, it did!  Suddenly the opening was just healing pretty quickly.  I don't think the stitch was the cause of the opening at all, just that it was delaying the healing process a bit. But definitely some openings are common.  Especially if you're hacking up a lung and putting strain on things.  It will probably heal sooner than you think, but in the meantime, I'd do whatever you can to minimize those symptoms.  Load up on cough drops, or whatever other meds might help.  Though I would imagine to some extent there isn't too much you can do.  All that chest congestion has to come out somehow!  Glad that you're feeling well otherwise!

ICG63
on 2/22/16 11:23 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks. I'm starting to feel better today, on amoxycillin. I'll look closer to see if there's a stitch involved in the area of the opening. Thanks for sharing your experience. Can't wait for spring and feeling more comfortable! Trying to take the long view!

finechocolate
on 2/23/16 4:14 pm - Ayer, MA

ICG63,

How are you feeling? I hope your feeling better and I'm sorry your incision opened up. Please take it easy and call your surgeon. Thank you for sending well wishes and checking up on me. Surgery went well and I'm doing well and sending prayers your way.

Most Active