Had Surgery Monday with Dr. Cappella see update here;

ICG63
on 1/31/16 11:12 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks again for more detail. I'm sorry you had to deal with the openings :-( Sounds like you're taking them in stride and doing all the right things. I can't wait to be at the vitamin e oil optional stage!!!  I remember Dr. C saying that the openings are likely for 30% of patients, so registered to me as the most likely possibility. I guess my impatience is a sign of my feeling practically back to normal. I mean I had a very good period of feeling pure gratitude!!! Just amazed at his skill and how perfect this is in so many ways (doing it all at once, and therefore getting the tensions right on the places where areas meet etc..). Your good attitude reminds me to stay in the gratitude and I'll be able to deal with any adversity along the way. Thanks again GrayC for sharing :-)

MyBariatricLife
on 1/30/16 7:50 am

Wow, seeing your photos really bring back memories of my own plastic surgery two years ago. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how much you will change, not just physically, but emotionally. I never anticipated that part. I found my Self. Enjoy your journey!

I began to write about my plastic surgery with Dr. Capella, if you are interested please take a look. And in the upper right corner of the page there is my before and after video as well as my before and after photo gallery: http://www.mybariatriclife.org/plastic-surgery-with-dr-josep h-f-capella/ 

Speedy recovery and go very easy on those arms!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

grayC
on 1/30/16 2:42 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Cheryl,

I have to say a BIG thank you, to you...

you where very informative and truthful in your surgeries

and you also gave me a sense of calm that I was doing the right 

surgery with the right surgeon..you where raw and honest,

I read EVERYTHING you wrote on the experience,

thank you again,

I really appreciate it.

MyBariatricLife
on 1/30/16 7:30 pm

Hi grayC - I am very flattered by your words and glad that my writing was helpful to you. Most of all, congrats on your decision!!! I will go take a look at your profile and hopefully find out more about your journey. Wishing you your best life ever! Cheryl

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

ICG63
on 1/30/16 3:27 pm
Revision on 10/31/13

Thank you so much for commenting and sharing  your experience. I did look at your site previous to surgery and posts and found them to be so helpful in their great practical detail and personal honesty. I've been on this road for awhile, so do appreciate already the emotional part too. I hope not to be too flamboyant at 52 or I guess this summer it will be 53. That is one of my fears, as I was a fairly "invisible" woman at a heavier size to the attention of men. I am in therapy and working out issues with my husband. It is my goal to remain open and honest and also have a lot of fun! Life is too short not to celebrate the good times! I was held back so often by my weight by discomfort... I mean I still did things, but in a group of friends/family, I was always huffing and puffing and trying to keep up. It makes even the fun times not as enjoyable when you're trying to pretend all is well, and you're about to keel over!

Ok I'm officially babbling! I've been weaning off the percocet, but held off too long, and now took one. I'm drifting off here.

Thanks again for all your positivity and openness. I'm sure you have helped many more women than me along this journey!

It is greatly appreciated :-)

MyBariatricLife
on 1/30/16 7:53 pm

There is so much joy and enthusiasm in your post! Your eagerness to live life fully is evident. I am truly happy for you! 

I am so grateful for this second chance at life, to live life fully the way it was meant to be lived. At Christmas I was in Argentina with the Lights of my life -- my grandchildren and children. And I got to go into the lion's cage and into a cage with three tigers, too. Then last weekend, I was in Chicago and went out onto a glass ledge on the side of the 103rd floor (the ledge is enclosed in glass, very safe, but scary). Best of all is getting to do things with my granddaughter that I could not do with my daughter because my size and physical inability held me back. 

Thank you for looking at my website. I am glad that my posts were able to help you. Speedy recovery! I hope you get everything you so richly deserve. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

ICG63
on 1/31/16 11:02 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks Cheryl for all your kind words.

I get confused with our names and actual names, but intended to thank you directly.

I'm so glad you are sopping up every bit of juice from life! Keep writing and sharing!

You have no doubt inspired many people :-)

Isha F.
on 2/13/16 8:14 am

I jus****ched your video, and am looking over your page.  Simply amazing!  You look wonderful!  Congrats on all your success.  

Isha - I lost 235 pounds EATING NORMAL!  Saavy? Click on my name to find out why I chose the Duodenal Switch Surgery instead. 

isha.jpg picture by leaannjohnson
 Captain Hook: [to Wendy] Didst thou ever want to be a pirate? 

MyBariatricLife
on 2/15/16 8:02 am

Thank you so much -- and congrats on your incredible transformation! You are very impressive!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Nikke2003
on 2/12/16 11:11 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Congrats on surgery!!! It's a bummer that you didn't get to meet Scott... he is truly talented as well. I'm so glad you're done and healing well!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active