Getting started

Brendalp1966
on 1/21/16 9:29 am

This is so helpful! Then, I will rethink the LBL over Lipo. 

How long did you stay home from work? I am thinking 2 to 3 weeks and I am lucky enough to be able to work from home if needed. 

breathemusic
on 1/21/16 9:38 am

I got my surgery on Dec 17th, so I basically just took off through new years (2.5 weeks) but then I worked from home the first week in Jan.  If I really had to I could have been back in the office Jan 4th, but I metro to work and would have had to walk from the metro to the office and just figured I'd enjoy a slow transition back.

To be honest, we had some work emergencies so even though I was off for 2.5 weeks, I actually ended up doing a few days worth of work in that time frame.  I was on my work computer doing things about 4-5 days after surgery, and that's after having a LBL, arm lift, and a minor breast lift.

Of course, recovery time varies based on health, age, and mentality.  I think the best thing you can do is go in with the mentality that it's not going to be that bad and you're going to heal quickly and kick butt.  A positive attitude really makes a difference!

I've got a few entries on here when I went into pretty solid detail about my recovery around a week out, and again at about a month out, etc.  So you can get more detail there!

Brendalp1966
on 1/21/16 9:56 am

Perfect! I will look at those posts.

I agree with the positive attitude can make a huge difference. It does with any healing.

It sounds like I will not need to worry about the work hours, from what I keep seeing on the forum, which is a relief. I am an Executive Secretary and it is overwhelming to return after being out for a length of time. I can also do a lot through email with work so that will help as well. I get stressed when I take time off because I know it is double the work when I return. But this is helpful to hear the positive and not how painful and that it sucked. I can do this! I am determined to finish this journey. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/16 6:14 pm

You should have a consult with a half dozen surgeons before you decide on anything. Also do plenty of research on your own.

Prices and quality vary greatly from surgeon to surgeon, and they all have specialties that may or may not be what you need most.

I would suggest you consider surgeons regardless of location as the price difference for the procedures may dwarf the cost of airfare and hotel.

Good luck!

Most Active