2 days post-op

vicwytch
on 12/13/15 1:12 pm
RNY on 12/11/15

hi there! 

Im 2 days post-op and am still in the hospital. All went well with the surgery and when I went down for the barium X-ray yesterday they noticed that where the esophagus and stomach hook back up that it was swollen and only a bit was getting through. So later that day I'm trying to get my 30 cc's in every half hour and I guess I was a bit too ambitious and I kept burping and burping and hiccuping and swallowing the stuff I was burping up. This gave me severe pain in my chest until finally I vomited it all back: lovely white foam. Doc was here thankfully so he put me back on my PCA meds and stopped liquid until today. Today I feel a million times better and sipped away without issue (although the burps are still around) but I have o stay another night because of that issue.

they were more worried about leakage and thankfully that was not an issue.

today I had a lovely shower and my tummy stitches feel much better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victorria (VicWytch)

SW: 223 CW: 149  GW: 130

RnY Surgery date: December 11, 2015

jeterway
on 12/14/15 10:19 am

Do you realize that you posted this in the plastic surgery forum?  It looks like you are post op for your gastric bypass.  You might find that you get more feedback and support if you post this in the rny forum.  Good luck on your recovery.

vicwytch
on 12/14/15 11:23 am
RNY on 12/11/15

Ha!! No idea I did that. Thanks for pointing it out!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victorria (VicWytch)

SW: 223 CW: 149  GW: 130

RnY Surgery date: December 11, 2015

Most Active