Brachioplasty and sleeves hurting

dohabarb
on 12/17/15 4:53 am - Qatar

I'm 5 days po after a brachioplasty and the sleeves are really hurting me to wear them. They are cutting right into my stitches under my armpit. I don't think they are too tight, just touching the wrong places. Do you think I'll be ok to just bind up my arms with elastic bandages for a few days and then try again with the sleeves?

Thanks in advance!

Going it alone in the Middle East!

jeterway
on 12/17/15 8:46 am

I wore a thin long sleeve top under my compression garment when I had my arms done.  Made a world of difference.

Needanewbeginning
on 12/18/15 6:39 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I wasn't required to wear sleeves. I did have an issue a couple of weeks out with some swelling and my surgeon used tensor bandages from my elbows to my shoulders for about a week and a half. It felt very good actually. Bonus it didn't bother my armpit incisions at all. 

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

finechocolate
on 12/20/15 1:06 pm - Ayer, MA

I wrapped my arms (well hubbie wrapped) after surgery with the ace bandages for the first couple weeks and then wore the compression sleeves for the very same reason. After the incisions healed a bit and were not so tender I could wear the sleeves. Hope this helps. Happy Healing and Merry Christmas!

Most Active