LBL, BL, Arm Lift + Lipo next week!

breathemusic
on 12/8/15 10:53 am

Very Excited!  This morning I had my final consult for all of my plastics next week.  It was quite painful paying for the balance of the surgical fees and the hospital will be calling in the next few days to get their chunk of money too, UGH.  But OMG this is all so close!  Surgery is on 12/17.  I already have some before pics, but I think I've actually lost another 5 pounds or so.  I'll get new before pics and hopefully some after pics a few days out and will post stuff here.  If things look too gruesome from bruising and whatever else maybe I'll wait and post pics a week or 2 out, or at least after the drains are gone.

Plus side? All that work and most likely will only have 2 drains.  WHAT?!  I'll be able to shower the next day!  Whew.  I know that first day or 2 I'm going to be hating my life and wishing I hadn't done it, but apparently that will pass in a few days.  Totally worth it.  By summer I'll be wearing my first ever bikini.  Holy crap!

Tracy D.
on 12/8/15 12:03 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Really?!?  How is it even possible to only have 2 drains?  I had 6 drains and I only had the LBL.  They got pulled on Day 9 post-op, which was considered pretty early for getting rid of all of them.

If he recommends they stay in longer just go with it.  The drains ensure minimization of swelling and reduce the possibility of seromas.   

Good luck!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

breathemusic
on 12/8/15 12:17 pm

I have NO IDEA!  I'm actually very surprised, but maybe it's because of the type of drain that he uses?  He's done a ton of these surgeries, so I figure whatever method he's using he has it down.  I'm just happy to not have a bajillion drains dangling from me.  I'd love to have them out sooner rather than later, but definitely get that they can't come out until they hit that sweet spot of only collecting X amount of fluid or less per day.

Dcgirl
on 12/15/15 6:36 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I am so excited for you too!  I can attest to having two drains (since we have the same plastic surgeon!).  For my LBL and breast lift (surgery #1) I had two drains in my pubic area.  They collected quite a bit of fluid so they must have done their job.  For my arm lift (surgery #2) I had no drains.

It's incredible how much plans and surgeries vary - I have a friend who had an LBL and upper body lift and breast lift and had drains and wasn't allowed to shower, whereas I could shower on day 2.  Then she didn't have compression garments, and I did.  Who can say what is right?  Ha ha.

You're going to do great, and yes, your first night at home will suck (that muscle tightening!  Eeek!) but it's SO worth it in the end!!!

Most Active