Question about body lift after TT/with hernia repair

ICG63
on 11/23/15 2:16 pm
Revision on 10/31/13

I had an abdominoplasty with a hernia repair last December. I plan to revise it with a body lift because of dog ears and the back and front don't really match anymore. I notice that I have loose skin around my ribs. I can grab handfuls and pull up, however when I pull down from the top I cannot. It is tight and adhered (?) in the front where I am flat--from belly button down. Am I correct that for the body lift skin is pulled up from below hips, and down from top to hips? (And from top of back down, and buttocks up). Just wondering how this will work in the front. I have a call in the the surgeon, but he's on holiday until next week. I'm getting excited about this, and hope it will be possible to correct the loose skin in front as well as from the back. Just want to be balanced!

Tracy D.
on 11/24/15 9:56 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Most surgeons that I researched will cut somewhere above the belly button and make another cut above the mons pubis area.  They will clamp these two areas together and sew you up.  

It's definitely not from the "top of the back" area down.  The upper ribcage area and the area right under your braline are not going to see a lot of change with a lower body lift.  The further the site is away from the incision line the less of a change you'll see - it's just the nature of the beast. 

My doctor sewed me very, very tight.  However, I still have some looseness in my upper ribcage area and lots of excess skin in the upper back - not quite as much as before but still significant.  I will need an upper body lift to address those areas.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

ICG63
on 11/24/15 11:51 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks. I have to say now I'm thoroughly confused. My doctor is recommending a body lift as well as brachioplasty, flankplasty, and mastoplexy. I thought the body lift encompassed the upper and lower and they meet, are tightened at just below the hip with a circumferential scar. I have another meeting with Dr. Capella on Dec.7 to get clear on all of it. Thanks again.

Tracy D.
on 11/25/15 5:34 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

An upper body lift includes a breast lift that can be extended to the back to take care of the "side boob fat" and upper back fat issue.  It also includes an arm lift.  A lower body lift addresses the outer thighs, buttocks and drooping abdominal skin as well as a mons lift.  

If you are doing a "total" body lift that includes upper and lower procedures.  Just be sure you understand all the various procedures and what your particular surgeon includes in those.  Not all docs extend the breast lift to get rid of the side boob and back fat.  Not all docs do a mons lift with a lower body lift (and you want those!).  Get clarification from your doctor. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

ICG63
on 11/25/15 6:30 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks for the clarification. I am going back for another meeting with Dr. Capella. It is a lot to understand! 

rose_smith91
on 11/24/15 9:48 pm - Korea (south)

I best advise would be consult as many doctors as you can. Dont settle for one. Multiple suggestions are required in surgeries like these. 

ICG63
on 11/25/15 6:31 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks!

Most Active