Dr. Capella or Dr. Taub?

ICG63
on 11/23/15 11:50 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks. Wow you are a real trooper! Have you been able to wear anything that goes over your head, or just wrap/button tops.

Glad you're taking it slow. That definitely seems the way to go!

NYMom222
on 12/7/15 6:42 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am thinking about getting a consult from Dr.Capella. Just wondering how far you live from him. I live on Long Island, so while Mapquest says 2 hours... it involves 2 bridges and going through NY City, which is always a crap shoot. So wondering how often you need to see him post-op, especially the first couple of weeks...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

ICG63
on 12/8/15 9:11 am
Revision on 10/31/13

I live about half hour-45 minutes from Dr. Capella. I imagine it will be once a week or so after surgery? I'll find out the specifics when I have my final pre-op visit on January 8th. Surgery date Jan. 25. If you look at google maps, it will give you a driving estimate based on the time you are proposing to drive. That may be helpful. If you can avoid rush hours that would help too, but I know traffic is unpredictable. 

Nikke2003
on 11/24/15 10:14 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I haven't been on the boards in AGES. OMG... congrats!!! I didn't know you were having plastics and I didn't know you went to Dr. Capella. Isn't he just the BEST!??! I would have told you to say hello to him and Scott for me. I just love them both - and their work!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

JerseyCityGal
on 1/6/16 2:15 pm - NJ

I had a LBL with Dr Sauceda in Mexico in November and am literally heartbroken over the poor results of the LBL and his lack of response.  I wanted to have a serious talk with him before I left Mexico, but the last 3 days I was there he either had to run somewhere or was with someone.

Swear to God, the morning after surgery, I was actually questioning if he lifted my buttocks.  I actually had to ask him. He was supposed to lift them about 5" and they got lifted about 1 1/2".  I still have handfuls of loose skin on my stomach standing up, even with an anchor cut.  I'm a size 0 and super-fit so it's not like I was huge and was expecting him to cut me down to size.  I literally cannot believe this is the same Dr that everyone raves to the moon and back about.  I can't even get him to e-mail me the before pictures that he took in his office and promised to send to me.  I was going to write a really good review for my eye and chin lift (they both actually came out beautiful), and then wait a couple more months until I am less emotional about this, see a few Dr's around here to discuss my options and the cost and then approach Dr Sauceda again about revisions but I am getting fed up. 

Do you have a general idea about Dr. Capella's price range for revisions or LBL's from your own experience just for a general guideline?  I don't want to make an appointment just yet.  I'm still so upset.  I feel like he didn't do all the surgeries I paid for and that I am stuck now because I have an incision around my body, but only a minuscule amount of skin was removed from the back.  

I went to see one doctor that I know personally when I got back for his personal/professional opinion on my situation and he suggested butt implants but I am really against that. 

Nikke2003
on 1/9/16 12:01 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Hey there. So sorry this happened to you and that you're not happy with the results. It is surprising because, like you said, everyone here raves about him. I do not know what Dr. Capella would charge for a revision, but I can highly recommend him. I can't say enough nice things about it!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Ann M.
on 2/20/16 9:36 am - GA

I've been around on and off for quite some time. I have not seen anyone unhappy with Capella even when they have had complications. And his complication rates seems to be lower than some of the other doctors that are mentioned or advertise here. Since you are already in need of revisions, I would go with Capella. I do not however have any knowledge of Taub. Hope this helps!

-Band to DS revision on 06/21/2011!
Highest known Wt/ Lowest Wt (Banded)/ Regain-Starting Wt/ Current Wt/ Goal Wt
379.6/ 272/ 342/ 169/ South of 200

Most Active