Low PreAlbuim & High PT blood results

lkaiser5404
on 11/17/15 1:53 pm

Hello:

I'm scheduled to have a panni removal on Dec 14th.  Surgeon called me yesterday requesting that I retake blood test because my PT level was too high and my prealbuim level was too.  

Is there something I can do to lower my PT level and increase my prealbuim levels?

I've been taking vit K, K1, K2.. sublingual and drinking Isopure since yesterday. I don't know if this will help.

Open to suggestions?

Thank you.

NYMom222
on 11/18/15 11:52 am
RNY on 07/23/14

OK I had to look up PT - clotting factor. Did they test your Vitamin K too? PT being high means it clots too well. Maybe you are taking too much Vit K?

Looking at the National Institute of Health/Medlineplus website it says:

certain medicines can change blood test results.

• Your health care provider will tell you if you need to stop taking any medicines before you have this test. This may include aspirin, heparin, antihistamines, and vitamin C.
  • DO NOT stop or change your medicines without talking to your doctor first.

The Aspirin and heparin would make it lower, don't know if the others would make it higher. I would think they would just possibly give you a blood thinner after surgery to prevent clots.

The pre-albumin means low protein. I only know this because I just got the same reading. I am adding 30g of protein to my day via unflavored protein powder. My doc gave me a script to repeat bloodwork, but said don't repeat without making an effort to up protein for at least a month. I figured adding protein powder was the least calorie laden way to add extra protein. Or an extra premier Protein. Although while I enjoy them, I am not convinced they are the best. I have been relying on them heavily for awhile and now my protein is low.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active