Weight loss before LBL

katr1nka
on 11/5/15 1:28 pm - Huntsville, AL
katr1nka
on 11/6/15 6:16 am - Huntsville, AL

First, sorry for all teh posts, something weird was going on yesterday with this site, it looked like it didn't post when I tried to post a message.

Anyways, as I said in my post, I can't postpone the surgery, my hope was just that someone else who did actually do what I'm about to do could shed some light on what their experience was.  I'm surely not the only person who was done this.  I appreciate all the words of caution.

I guess if no one can help me with this, I"ll just post again after I have the surgery and let you know my experiences. 

I'm just surprised there isn't anyone out there who has some insight into this.

Tracy D.
on 11/6/15 6:32 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm sorry you think that the people *****sponded didn't provide "insight" into this.  I think we did - we told you our experiences and about the advice numerous surgeons gave us (because all of us made the rounds and got a variety of surgical opinions).  I personally consulted with 3 surgeons before making my decision and all of them said the same thing to me - make sure you are within 10-15 lbs. of your goal weight.  If that's not "insight", I don't know what it is - ?? 

Maybe after you have the surgery you'll be happy with the results and won't feel the need to lose more than 10-15 lbs.  It could be that the doc will remove a large amount of fat and skin.  I was at "ideal" weight and they still got another 7 lbs off - that's a lot! They may get even more with you.  

Wishing you a great surgery and speedy recovery 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

katr1nka
on 11/6/15 6:53 am - Huntsville, AL

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way.  I just meant that it would have been nice to also hear from someone who was at the same BMI or lost more weight after the surgery.  I will definitely post after and let you all know how it went.  Thank you for your support!

Needanewbeginning
on 11/6/15 8:37 am, edited 11/6/15 7:06 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

You may not find too many that were in your situation. I honestly don't know a plastics that would do this on a patient that wasn't at their goal weight or that had 25 plus to loose. It just doesn't make sense why one would. If your comfortable at what you are today, absolutely do it, but if your plan is to loose that much more...I don't get why your doing it.

Sorry, not trying to be critical but your results now may be 'ok' but in several months time if you continue to loose...your results may need a revision to correct the excess skin. As Tracy said, loosing ten lbs isn't the same as 25-30. The excess is a lot more and agreed, age and elasticity play in this as well.

Loosing as you wrote, 2 lbs per month....you may still have excess skin. we are not talking about 10 lbs, you mentioned 39lbs to your goal. That's a very big difference. 

Its too bad your surgeon won't postpone til your at your goal. This surprises me, but perhaps your surgeon felt you were ok at your current weight and is not aware of your plans to loose 39 more lbs. My surgeon, and three others I consulted with ALL insisted I be at my goal and to remain there after within ten lbs or the results will change, a lot.

Keep in touch, your experience will be good for others to hear about, so please share and best wishes on your recovery.

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

katr1nka
on 11/6/15 9:39 am - Huntsville, AL

Yeah, I understand.  I've been close to the weight I'm at right now for a while, and although I'd like to lose another 39lbs, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to, much less maintain it.  I'm not unhappy with my size, I never thought I'd be a size 14 again, I'd like to be smaller, but I want to be able to successfully maintain that size.  My worry is that if I did lose the 39lbs, I'd end up gaining some of it back, which I imagine would also screw up my results.  I would love to lose more though, and I guess if I do, and I'm back to saggy skin, I'll go get a revision done.

Part of why I'm doing this is because I just want to feel better about myself.  I've felt so bad about my image for so long, and about three months ago, my husband left me for another woman, which was only an added blow.  I'm trying to improve myself both inside and out, being 40 is tough, especially when you're having to start over again.  I figured having a boost to my self-esteem would help :)

I'm also by myself with my kids, finding someone to help take care of me was much easier to do during the holiday's then it was during the normal work time.  I had to pay someone the last surgery to help me, and I just can't afford to do that again.

I will definitely post after I have the surgery.  Thanks again!

Browneyedgirl33
on 11/6/15 11:44 am

Hugs to you!!  So sorry you are going through this.  That is so sad that your husband did that to you.  makes me want to cry girl.  The problems sometimes is that because for so many years we havent seen ourselves as pretty it really plays on how truly valueable we are.  You keep your head up and do what you have to to make you feel better.  You will get through it either way.  Praying for you and your success.  Looking forward to your post. I am going for a consult in a couple of weeks.  I am only a year out and these are questions I will be asking my surgeon as well.  because I would like to get it done as soon as I can.  Just dont know if it is feasible this early.  How did your tummy tuck and breast lift go?  When did you do those?  I want to get my arms belly and breast lift done first. Then the lower body.

katr1nka
on 11/6/15 11:57 am - Huntsville, AL

Thank you for your kind words!  Yeah, it sucks, but I decided not to worry about it, just to move on, my kids needed me.  

I haven't had anything done to my stomach yet, next Wednesday I go in for my lower body lift and thigh lipo (inner and outer).  I've been reading up on this and what I'm finding out is, they can get rid of the fat that is under your skin, it's the visceral fat that is the problem (the stuff around your organs).  When I lay down my gut does not stick out so I'm hoping that means that most of my fat is under the skin.  I just want this to look good and I'm so nervous about it, as well as the fact that it is probably going to hurt, A LOT. 

I had my arms and breasts done about three weeks ago.  It wasn't too bad, it did hurt, and still does, and it's really itchy, but I'm really happy with the  results.  I ended up getting implants on top (I'm not small, but the doctor thought it would look better since it would make them look fuller), I'm waiting for them to drop down.  I'm actually glad I got my arms and breast done first, because I can't imagine not having my arms and not being able to move!

Feel free to ask me any questions.  

Needanewbeginning
on 11/6/15 3:14 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

You just had plastics three weeks ago? 

Uhm, really and your having more surgery next week? 

Are you doing this in Mexico? In Canada you wouldn't have this fine so close together.

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Browneyedgirl33
on 11/6/15 4:47 pm

What I want to get first I think is my breast tummy and arms.  I am only a year out though.  I am big boned so I haven't lost as much as most have.  I am down to 204.  I have a consult in a couple of weeks to check on my options.  I want to get everything done eventually. 

Did you do financing?  I really want to get this done for myself.  I want to feel pretty and normal for once.  I have been big all my life and felt so out of place.

I have always been the big girl with a beautiful face.

Did your surgery hurt real bad?  How long did you have to take off?

They told me it is hard to get breast and arms done at the same time.

I hope it works out for both of us.  I am excited and scared but I know I want this.

Don't worry once we learn to truly love ourselves I really truly believe then we will find a companionship with someone that really loves us and cares for us.

I have been single mother for years and it gets really discouraging.  I am fine with being alone but it would be nice to find a good guy to share my life with but I don't think great ones exist anymore. lol so we might have to settle for good and just be great. lol

YOU can do it as a mother with your kids.  It will be hard but you are amazing and your kids seeing you do what makes you happy will help them be happy too.

Most Active