Questions to ask my Dr. tomorrow about my upcoming arm lift?

Iam_with_the_Band
on 9/26/15 2:32 am

Arnica can cause internal bleeding. My PCP admonished me to NOT take it.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Dcgirl
on 9/22/15 1:49 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Alright, well I had my pre-op consult (got my "before" pics, got my prescriptions, got my Arnica pills and my silicone gel, and asked my questions).

My surgeon does not use drains for an arm lift on it's own.

He does not use compression sleeves; instead I will have ace bandages wrapped somewhat tightly from wrist to armpit.

He will remove some sweat glands and hair follicles, but likely not all because I don't have flabby pits.

He said the first days after surgery are more uncomfortable than painful - mostly because I have to keep my arms elevated (propped up on a bunch of pillows) as opposed to dangling by my sides.

He will do a bit of liposuction especially where the forearm/elbow meet the upper arm, so that there is a good transition from that area of my arm to the new "skinny" upper arm.

I can't wait!!!!  Thanks for the advice, all!

lcraver
on 9/22/15 2:49 pm - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

So excited for you!!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

alina_nicolai001
on 9/30/15 2:41 am

I had thigh lift, 1 week later a full-face lift.  I was off for 6 weeks.  The pain was minimal, but tightness from the thigh skin tightening does having you walking like an old hunched back old person for a few weeks. I had been weight stable for 2 yrs before PS.  I did go back 2 yrs later for an upper body lift to get rid of the loose skin around the bra line. After full recovery, I got satisfaction with the result.

Most Active