LBL, BL and Arm Lift @ same time

Susie K.
on 11/1/15 10:22 am - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

Thanks for the reply, Sonnie.

I'm going to have someone with me pretty much 24/7 for the first three weeks. I'm praying I'm not biting off more than I can chew, but think it'll be okay. My doctor seems to be okay with doing all three at the same time, or I definitely wouldn't be doing it. I'm a pretty "tough old girl". I think I'll be able to manage it. Time will tell. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Susie

Susie

breathemusic
on 9/18/15 6:55 am

Not done yet, but I'm having LBL, BL, and arms all done in Dec.  While I know people mention wanting the use of Arms, my understanding is that the limitation of the arm lift is just range of motion, it's not like the muscles underneath are getting cut or stitched etc.  Sure, there's going to be pain, but I'm already going to be in a ****load of pain from the LBL and really, my understanding is that the muscle tightening pretty much overshadows all the rest of the pain (not that I think there won't be other pain!).

Granted, I'll also be in the position where I'll be staying with a family member who is also going to be off work and can be around as much as I need for the first 2 weeks to help me.  If I wasn't going to have that level of assistance I don't know that I'd want to combine as many procedures as well.

Susie K.
on 11/1/15 10:14 am - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

I'd love to keep up with how you're doing. I'll be thinking about you as you have your's done in December. What day? Wishing you the best.

Susie

Susie

breathemusic
on 11/1/15 11:27 am

My procedure is on the 17th. With any luck I'll feel well enough to post an update within a few days. I have my final consult and mark up this Wed on the 4th! So I should def end up with a set of before and after pics to share.

Eggface
on 9/18/15 8:44 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I had my LBL, BL/BA (first stage of 2) and Arms done at the same time... 

I've always been a rip the bandage off all in one swoop kind of girl so I figured pain once and be done. A few things I did not factor or I guess minimized... it's kind of hell not having the use of your lower and upper body at the same time. You are really reliant on others more... for a hand up, support, etc. so if you don't have that person in place at least for ehhh maybe 2 weeks I'd think about that. You need leverage to rise out of chairs, bed, etc. think about it the next time you stand or get out of bed... what parts you are pressing on to help you rise... then try and do it without the use of those ;) like when no one is home and you have to pee. Yeah LOL have someone around till you can.

The recovery is longer... it was 7 weeks till I felt not like a patient... meaning wiped out at the smallest things and not able to go more than a few hours without a nap. 

Make sure your labs (especially iron & ferritin are stellar) longer procedure more blood loss.

Protein helps healing, water too so be sure you are meeting or better yet exceeding Dr.s goals on those.

All that being said... I'm glad I did it... so 6 months later I went back and had the second stage of breast work but inner thighs have gone on the back burner and perhaps won't happen more and more I read freaks me out a bit about healing, highest rate of complication rates soooo time out of commission is a ? I'm not ruling it out but it's not happening this year or next.

~Shelly

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Susie K.
on 11/1/15 10:10 am - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

Shelly,

Thanks for the reply. I understand. I'm also the "let's getter done" kind of gal, too. I think I'll make it okay because I'll have live-in help for the first 3 weeks. Plus, I've been working out like crazy and my legs are super strong. Hoping that helps. I'm glad to hear from someone who survived and didn't totally regret having LB and UB procedures all at once. Thanks again for your reply. Hope you have a great week.

Susie

Susie

Most Active