LBL, BL and Arm Lift @ same time

Susie K.
on 9/12/15 6:16 pm - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

Questions - I'm wanting feedback on having multiple PS procedures done at once. I need LBL, BL (maybe with implants, not sure yet), Arm Lift and eventually, probably spiral thigh lift. I'm considering having LBL, Arms and BL in stage one this November.  Then if it is still needed after LBL, I'll do thigh lift 6 months to a year later. Have any of you done this? And if so, please let me know about your experiences. 

Thanks. 

Susie

Tracy D.
on 9/14/15 1:44 am, edited 9/14/15 1:44 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

There are people who've had those procedures done at the same time and I will let them respond.  However, I just had my LBL 9 weeks ago and I can't imagine the hell of also having had upper body surgery at the same time.  

Do not under-estimate the pain and recovery from a LBL.  I needed my upper body to get myself out of chairs, to hold myself up and later on to assist in rolling over in bed.  In addition, my LBL alone took almost 8 hours under general anesthesia.  I would never have wanted to go longer than that for two other procedures (and most doctors probably wouldn't want you to either).  

ETA:  Doctors who can do those procedures in less time aren't superstars...they have help.  You'll get two doctors working on you at the same time, just on opposite sides.  That's something I specifically did NOT want. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

emelar
on 9/14/15 10:09 am - TX

What Tracy said.

My surgeon wouldn't do the breast lift and LBL at the same time in any event.  The two procedures pull in different direction (BL up and LBL down) and create tension.  I can't imagine recovery from the LBL without full use of my arms and upper body.  I'm sure it can be done - it IS done - but I wouldn't want to live through the recovery.

Susie K.
on 11/1/15 11:10 am - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

Emlar,

Thanks so much for your input. That makes sense. My surgeon didn't say anything about it being a problem, but it is something that needs to be asked. Again, thank you. Hope you're having a good weekend.

Susie

Susie

Crazeru
on 9/14/15 4:13 pm

I had an LBL, BL, arms and sm thigh lift then  4 days later a full facelift.  Dr Sauceda is amazing.  Very little pain, more with the facelift as the chin strap pushed my ears back on my stitches behind my ear.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Susie K.
on 11/1/15 11:14 am - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

Crazeru,

Girl - Wow!!! That sounds like A LOT to have done. Sounds like you're a tough cookie! Hoping you're pleased with the results. Thanks for your input.

Susie

Susie

Crazeru
on 11/12/15 1:04 pm

I was almost 59 too!  I had very little pain and didn't have a problem having my arms and lower body lift together.  I took off 8 weeks and was tired when I went back to work.  Twilight sedation is great!  I couldn't be happier with my body and new face.  :)

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Dcgirl
on 9/15/15 6:20 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

As someone else said, different surgeons are willing to do different procedures together.  I would recommend having consult appointments with a few surgeons and see who you feel most comfortable with. I did an LBL and BL together, and my surgeon said my BL required technical work, and he also augments the butt during the LBL so he refused to also do my arms at the same time.  His work is tremendous, so I went with the LBL and BL.  The BL was no pain at all, but as Tracy said, the LBL gave me abdominal pain and I needed my arms to lift myself to a sitting position.  I can't imagine having no use of my arms while healing from abdominal muscle tightening!  Now, five months post LBL and BL, I am one month away from an arm lift :)  I think it will be a breeze compared to my initial surgery!

Needmakeover
on 10/7/15 12:50 pm

DCgirl,

Who was your PS?

Thanks and good luck to you,

sonnieN
on 9/16/15 11:02 am - grand rapids, MI

I had an LBL and arm lift at the same time. Then second stage was thighs and BL w/ Aug. My surgeon wouldn't do the LBL & BL together as he said it would be too long under. Also wouldn't do the thighs w/ the LBL as he said it pulled in opposite directions. I had no issue w/ having my arms done at the same time as my LBL but I had worked out hard prior to surgery so had good strength in my thighs that helped as I didn't have to use my arms much for getting up or down. I also had my mom (who's a nurse) stay w/ me for the first full week and then stopped in every couple of days for the next 2 weeks. We always made sure that everything I would need while she was gone was at waist level so I didn't have to reach high or low to get anything. 

So yes it is possible you'll just have to see what your surgeon is comfortable doing at the same time.

Most Active