Plastic Surgery Progress Photos for Anyone Interested!

Elizabeth C.
on 8/14/15 10:04 am - Mansfield, TX

You're healing amazingly well!!! Congratulations!!

5'-5" ~ Lap Band 03/2008 Converted to Sleeve 11/6/2014 HW 296 Start Pre Op Diet for Sleeve 226 SW 217 -9 M1: 202 -15 M2: 196 -6 M3: 186 -10 M4: 180 -6 M5: 176 -4 M6: 171 -5 M7: 167 -4 M8: 165 -2 M9: 161 -4 M10: 158 -3 M11: 158 -0

alexclinton
on 8/17/15 12:03 am

I have read your blog post and I am shocked after seeing your before and after pictures. There is a lot of difference between your before picture and after picture. That's really great! Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on getting this huge change in yourself. Secondly, I would like to know what kind of precautions you took to recover fast or any tips which can help in reducing the recovery period.

Nikke2003
on 8/17/15 6:37 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Hey there! Unfortunately, I don't have any tips for fast recovery. In all of my research of plastic surgery, it seems as though some people just have a harder time than others. I did try to take things easy for the first couple of weeks, but I think I was mostly just lucky! I also think doing a lot of research and being mentally prepared for everything was helpful!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

White Dove
on 8/17/15 10:28 am - Warren, OH

Any current pics?  How are the scars healing?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Nikke2003
on 8/18/15 2:18 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Things are healing really well! There are pics on my blog (address in the signature) and the password is capella2014 - beware... not safe for work lol!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

k__
on 8/21/15 12:52 pm - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15

It is so helpful to see all this close up - thanks for being so open. I would dearly love to have some plastic surgery at the right time, but I'll be at least 61 years old minimum, and the scarring won't fade as quickly for me as it will for someone your age, so it makes me hesitant. The scars from my VSG took about 2-3 years to really fade to an acceptable level, and that was for laparoscopy in an area where the skin is not at it's thinnest/whitest...

Nikke2003
on 8/23/15 9:21 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Hey there! I am very happy to have had plastics. I understand your concerns about the scars. Even though my thigh ones are only three months old, I'm still much happier to have scars than the excess skin - hopefully you would feel the same way? I say go for it if you think it's what you want! For some (me included) it's a worthy investment! :)

poplargreys
on 8/23/15 4:00 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

Thank you for sharing! Have you experienced any numbness or odd sensations around your incisions? It's such a 'minor' thing, but I've spoken to several people who have had reconstructive work done and a few mentioned numbness and nerve 'tingling' at certain stages during healing, and with as much work as you've had done I'm curious to see if you've had anything like that as you've gone through this process twice. I'm likely going to need similar work to what you have had, and I'm seriously considering flying cross-country to have Dr Capella help me, your results are just phenomenal!

Stacy H.
on 8/27/15 2:51 am - Lake wales, FL

Hi Sherman, I just had a panniculectomy three days ago and yes, I am experiencing numbness all along the incision site.  I think this is a natural phenomenon that happens when your nerves are cut.  The real challenge is cutting through the BS and getting a good surgeon that is the real deal and not a poor dr.  I just unfortunately had a bad experience myself going through Tampa General Hospital thinking they had a great reputation, they may.  However they lack total communication between Drs and my procedure was not done anything like I was assured in my consultation.  Now I will have to have the procedure repeated. 

robinreinhardt
on 9/19/15 12:46 pm

Nikke

Bless your heart! Thanks for sharing.

Robin

Most Active