first scar massage appt

Jennifer K.
on 6/22/15 10:52 am - Phoenix , AZ

I had scar revision on my arms back in April... this go around I decided to invest in scar massage therapy to ensure I have the best result possible. I went for my first appointment on Saturday... 30 minutes was the minimum time... I think I ended up at about 20 cause man on maaaaaaaan... I knew it was not going to be relaxing and it would hurt but I look like somebody been grabbing all over my arms... they were sore after and a little bruising showed up... Sunday woke up and they were hurting/tight.. today lots of bruising but less pain. Cant wait to go again!

I will keep you guys posted on the results... I am *fingers crossed* this really helps break up the scar tissue and makes the scar nice and flat.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

David147
on 7/31/15 3:33 am

As soon as the your doctor tells you that massage is no longer contraindicated for the area you received surgery, then look into starting up a treatment program with a Massage Therapist to break-up that scar tissue & increase the range of motion in the area of the tendon.

Most Active