How bad was the pain post Abdominoplasty?

hairchick62
on 7/6/15 4:50 am - wilmington, DE

It's surgery but not that bad. The breast reduction was the worst. As long as u have meds you'll be ok 

DSJSMOM23
on 7/6/15 6:32 pm
VSG on 06/24/14

I will be three weeks post op from a full tummy tuck with a lower body lift tomorrow.

Honestly, the first week - 10 days was the worst, but it was definitely manageable. I had my surgery, and went home the same day. I had tramacet, and it was awesome. Definitely took the edge off. I'm not a medication person, and I had no intention of taking my pain meds, but I actually finished the bottle! LOL

Now, at three weeks, i'm feeling pretty good. Almost back to normal. I am still wearing my binder, so that's uncomfortable, but it's manageable.

i'm also feeling pulling and slight soreness where my muscles were tightened. Like sitting up straight right now, I can feel pulling.

My incisions feel fine. A little tender, but fine.

If I had to do it all over again, I absolutely would in a heartbeat! I have a fantastic new FLAT tummy now, and it's worth every second of the discomfort I've been dealing with.

Pinkchickadee
on 7/6/15 6:37 pm

Thank you! I  am looking forward to being on the  other  side of  surgery. I am just  getting the  simple abdominoplasty so I am  hoping the recovery goes smoothly.  I don't know if you  have  kids but  at  what  point  would have felt  safe  driving  them to  school?

Starting Weight:275 CW:189 SW:??  Goal:169

DSJSMOM23
on 7/6/15 6:54 pm
VSG on 06/24/14

I have three kids, but they are grown (almost LOL) I haven't driven yet, but only because I haven't had to. My daughter, who's home from university, has been driving me everywhere.

I would have been able to drive at 2 weeks though. I still can't really sit up straight, because of the incisions on my back (I was cut all the way around) but i'll adjust my seat as necessary.

I have a friend who had the tummy tuck only, and she was driving at 2-3 weeks.

Most Active