Are you glad you did it?

Laura in Texas
on 6/8/15 4:29 pm

I agree with Tracey. The only people I know who were unhappy used surgeons who did not know what they were doing or got a panni (because insurance covered it) and really needed a full tummy tuck.

My upper body looks as good as it did when I was in my 20's. My thighs are a hot mess, but I have leaned to live with them "as-is". My boyfriend tried to talk me out of my plastic surgery because he did not want me to go through surgery and the skin did not bother him at all, but I had to for my mental health. Afterwards he admitted i was right and it was the right choice for me.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/8/15 11:57 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Oh Hell No!! I would do it all over again, pain and all. I look great and it has done wonders for my mental image of myself and everything that goes along with that. I feel a thousand times better, more confident and happier than with the hanging stomach apron and tube socks with rocks for boobs. Now I look pretty hot for a 51 year old! I kind of regret not having had more done like arms and full thigh lift (i had a mini thigh lift and that was meh.. it looks fine but I can't see much of a difference that a full medial thigh lift would have given me). But no, I don't regret it at all!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

JA
on 6/9/15 5:14 am - East Haven, CT

Wow hard to believe that!  I had a TT and never was sorry.  Now having medial thigh lift and looking forward to the results.  I'm NOT saying that it all isn't painful and you don't say at times, OMG why did I do this.  However, the results are worth every bit of discomfort.

JA

jeterway
on 6/9/15 6:53 am

Like the folks above me, I am thrilled with the results of my plastics work.  When I had my bariatric surgery, I didn't even consider plastics.  But once the weight was off, while I felt so much better, the body didn't look too good.  It just seemed like the natural next step.  I had no idea how far I would go, so I did my procedures one step at a time, but now I feel like the body looks match the level of health that I gained when I lost the weight.  I am lucky to live in Philadelphia and have access to loads of wonderful doctors.  I found a good practice and have used 2 of the doctors there and do not regret it at all.  Sure there are a few days of what the heck did I do but they are so worth it in the long run.  I feel like I have completed the journey now.

Dejah H.
on 6/9/15 8:33 am - Central, TX

Had an extended tummy tuck and an arm lift... totally worth it! I would absolutely do it again, and I am thinking about having my thighs done as well. ;)

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

songer48
on 6/9/15 10:37 am

Well, she hasn't met me.  I am SOOOOOOO glad I had plastic surgery.  I am now 8.5 weeks post op, and have just returned from a garden bloggers' conference in Toronto.  Our days were packed with gardens and a lot of walking--like 10 miles of walking.  Between the surgery and the post-op recovery, I've lost an additional 25 pounds and that was a blessing on those garden tours.  But, I also wandered into Danier, a leather store, and found the cutest red leather jacket.  It's fitted and hits me just below my waist.  I've never been able to wear that style before, but now that my belly apron is gone and I have a waist, it fit beautifully and I looked great in it.  Plastics isn't just about looking good, of course.  I had nasty itchy rashes and I'm so glad those are a thing of the past.  And, for some reason my digestive system seems to be working better.  Perhaps those problems came from the amount of weight that pulled my abdomen out of alignment.  

My guess is that the nurse only sees people in the recovery stage and I admit that is a trial.  A number of my friends confessed they were worried about during those first few weeks after surgery.  But my energy is back, and though I have one little inch of incision that hasn't quite healed over (probably because the waist band of my jeans tends to rub against it), my surgeon isn't worried.  It got irritated when I was in Toronto and today I'm wearing a gauze pad over it, just to ease it back into healing mode.

I'm glad.  I'm glad.  I'M GLAD!!!!

Songer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dcgirl
on 6/9/15 11:06 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I had a lower body lift and breast lift with a surgeon who specializes in massive weight loss/body contouring procedures on March 20th and I would do it again twice tomorrow and ten times the day after! After losing 200 lbs, my body wasn't matching how I wanted to look - I work out six days a week and I am lean(ish) and strong, and having tube sock boobs and a saggy stomach just wasn't fitting my new life.  I had such an easy recovery and never had a minute of buyer's remorse.  I hope you find an awesome surgeon and have a similar experience.  I marvel at my naked body everyday lol.  Now, I need to have my arms done, but like Laura in Texas, I am going to leave my thighs as is.  

Plastic surgery may not be the right choice for everyone, nor is it particularly affordable, but for me, it has been an INCREDIBLE boost to my self-esteem :)

wyo_sarah
on 6/9/15 1:02 pm

Thank you everyone!  That makes me feel much better.

Crazeru
on 6/9/15 4:55 pm

WLS let me look normal.  PS helped to feel normal.  I had the works done with Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico.  I had a lower body lift, breast lift, arms, and small thigh, with butt flaps added to make my butt a little more rounder.  4 days later I had a full face lift.  I spent 7 days in a 24/7 clinic, then a week at a hotel with daily visits from Dr S and his RN Paty who helped me shower, dress the stitches and get me back into my compression garment.  Very little pain, except for the facelift.  I went back 2 yrs later for an upper body lift.  Dr Sauceda specializes in massive weight loss patients.   I have no regrets at all. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Nikke2003
on 6/11/15 11:24 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

That's crazy talk! I have talked to plenty that are glad they did it. I have had two rounds and am beyond grateful I had the opportunity!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active