Two weeks post LBL FAQ's PLEASE!

JojoMom11
on 5/22/15 2:00 pm - Edgewater, NJ

I just had plastic surgery almost two weeks ago... I had a lot done at once(LBL, BL, arms and flanks), and have been in a lot of pain!  Anyone else wanna make this newbie feel better?  I can't stop looking in the mirror and wondering how this will turn out?  I am so swollen I can't put my arms down, my lower body is swollen it looks like I have a pouch/fanny pack on my public area.  Can't sleep-still got two of the five drains attached.  And are these stitches and scars supposed to look like a edge of a pie?  Will they flatten out?  How long until I can walk upright and not have pain?  

manditude
on 5/22/15 2:12 pm

I'm 6 weeks out from LBL, BL with augmentation, and hip lipo. I feel pretty much normal now. It's amazing to compare to just a month ago!

I still have some mild swelling in my public area but it has gone down a lot. I'm going in on Tuesday to see if I need a revision ok the mons because to me it seems still Ken doll poochy. But the swelling is down like 90% in comparison to week 2 and 3.

drains are the worst part of this whole thing. Seriously. I hated every single moment of the drains. made moving hard, made walking a nightmare, hard to sleep, random pain... I found that a warm compress in a zip lock baggie sort of helped with the local pain, but nothing helped as much as getting those suckers out.

My incisions were covered in glue for almost 4 weeks so I don't know for sure what they looked like early on. I have seen many people with pie crust incisions, and they said it smooths out over time.

walking fully upright with zero slouch was week 5 for me, but I was mostly okay to walk by day 18. I had a bit if a hunch til week 5 basically. I have tightness here in week 6 but no hunching.

I felt maybe 50% normal by week 3, 70% normal by week 4, 90% by week 5 and like 95% normal in week 6. Week 2 to 3 was the worst! Once the drains come out, everything progressively felt better for me though.

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

songer48
on 5/26/15 8:22 pm

I'm 8 weeks out and know exactly how you feel.  I was there, too.  The incisions will flatten, though you may have a little bit of "pie crust."  I have a large knob on my left side at the end of my panni incision.  The surgeon will remove that, but I'm not very worried about it.  And, I want to pause that as long as I can.  Isn't it weird that this recovery is so much more difficult than the weight loss surgery.  But it is so worth it.  I'm still getting used to my new silhouette.

My midsection is very tight, but that tightness doesn't hurt.  My guess is that I will gradually get used to it.  I still wear a compression garment, which is really just shape wear.  In fact, I wear it to bed.  

Honest--you are going to feel better. And then you can write a reply like this to someone who is going to have this surgery.

Songer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
emelar
on 5/22/15 3:52 pm - TX

The swelling will reduce.  You're going to be amazed at how the incisions will disappear into a thin, flat line - but it takes time.  You're in the grin and bear it stage, because all you can do is grin, bear it, and wait for it to pass.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/23/15 11:57 pm

are you wearing compression garments?  Surgical grade compression garments make a big difference in the swelling and the pain post op.  My surgeon gave us two sets of garments.  I would have been extremely swollen without them and miserable. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active