Pic from eight weeks post-op LBL and BL

Nikke2003
on 5/25/15 5:14 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

You look great! I wish I was brave enough for a bikini lol. I go in for the thigh lift on Thursday... so nervous!

I will be in DC July 5th - July 9th! We need to get together if you are around!!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

A_new_beginning
on 5/28/15 3:53 pm - MD
RNY on 08/29/13

WOW!   I'm SO excited for you!  I do have a question though--I live in Baltimore; out of which hospitals does Dr. Joseph Michaels work?  I'm hoping next year to get my work done.

Thanks,

A_New_Beginning

Surgery date: August 29th, 2013

HW: 247 lbs. Height: 5' 2"

LW: 123 lbs!

A_new_beginning
on 5/28/15 7:08 pm - MD
RNY on 08/29/13

Hi again Dcgirl,

I was wondering how long you stayed in the hospital?  I just looked up Dr. Michaels and it looks like he is 45 minutes away from me.  They're other doctors closer, but how can I tell if one is better than another?  How did you come to chosse Dr. Michaels over anyone else?

Thanks!

Dcgirl
on 5/28/15 7:20 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I would recommend having consults with various doctors. I loved dr Michaels bedside manners, the deep technical knowledge he has, the fact that he specializes in weight loss patients, he doesn't nickle and dime you, and he believes in using your own tissue to do buttock augmentation. It's made all the difference. My booty looks soooo good! He also includes a mons lift. So all quotes are not apples to apples. I had mine done at 7 am Friday morning at Sibley here in DC ans then went home the following day. My pre ans post op care with Dr Michaels has been incredible. He's very methodical and thoughtful and won't combine as many procedures at once due to how technical his work is. Go see him at his Rockville office and tell him Emily in DC sent you. I'm going to have him do my arms in the fall. 

Definitely go with the doc that makes you most comfortable. But Dr Michaels is not far from Baltimore!

Good luck! I am thrilled with my results!!!

A_new_beginning
on 5/28/15 9:04 pm - MD
RNY on 08/29/13

Thank you!!!

breathemusic
on 6/18/15 7:56 am

DCGirl,

Thanks for the pics!  I just scheduled my own consult with Dr. M in DC and also have one scheduled with Dr. Capella up in NJ.  While I'd love to be able to stick with a nearby doc here in the DC area, they did tell me that Dr. M won't do arms and LBL together and I dread the idea of having to break everything up into a bunch of procedures!  Sounds like you had a really wonderful experience though, and I really like that he specializes in contouring, so I wanted to meet with him anyway since it might be worth it to either wait on my arms or maybe once I had the LBL and BL I'd decide I didn't care as much about my arms.

If you don't mind me asking a few questions.... how's your pain tolerance?  I've read so many reviews where people were in rough shape for quite some time, but you sound like you were on your feet in no time.  Was just wondering if you also happen to just handle pain well or if maybe it has to do with differences in technique?  Which leads to my second question, you noted how thin your scar lines are etc.  Did Dr. M's technique still leave the whole "pie crust" look that then just flattens out in 6-8 weeks, or did you have a different experience?  I'm sure I'll find out more when I have my consult, but I figured it also helps to ask a patient who's been through it!

Dcgirl
on 6/22/15 8:25 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi!  So yes, he won't do a ton of things at once, which is why I opted for breasts and LBL on one, and I will do my arms this Fall.  I am actually so glad I didn't do it all at once...with the abdominal pain in just sitting up those first few days, I cannot IMAGINE not having use of my arms at the same time.

Dr. Michaels is incredible and takes so much time and care in doing a full body contour and using your own tissue to augment your butt - now my butt is literally my favorite part on me.  I never had a pie crust look that needed to flatten...I always had very thin lines.  When you go to him, ask to see my before and afters. We just did my 12 week follow up pics the other week and talked about my upcoming arms.  The scars are SO thin, and I show them to everyone and they are all astounded how incredible they look.

I am usually a pretty big baby about the pain but other than the first night at home, I was fine.  I was out with friends on day 7, walking four miles a day by day 13.  The before care and after care with Dr. Michaels has been exceptional and my body seriously looks so good.  

I do think it helps that I work out six days a week so I went into it strong, and at my lowest weight (153) so I was able to heal/bounce back relatively quickly.  I am sure it varies across the board but I have also seen quite a few people on here (Audrey, Nikke) who have bounced back quickly as well.

Dr. Michael's technique and care make me want to be his spokesperson - he did wonders with my body!  Good luck whatever you decide!

Dcgirl
on 6/22/15 8:27 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

And I should mention that I was willing to pay a little more to have a local doctor.  I can't imagine having to drive 4 hours each way for follow-up appointments and to have drains removed and stuff.  I loved having Dr. Michaels so close!

Most Active