One week out. Plastic Surgery. Many ?

Jvino
on 4/28/15 3:56 am

Hi all, 

it has been 1 week since my panI, corset, trunk (whatever else was done) needless to say I feel like a ragdoll. Have one Drain in, hopefully that gets removed tomorrow. I have the binder which I have no issues with but how long do you usually have to keep that on? As far as the sterile strip how long do they remain and what goes on the long incisions, as far as ointment to prevent infection ease scaring? I'm feeling back to normal other than the rag doll feeling when did you guys go back to work. I work in an office setting with lots of freedom. 

Thanks. 

manditude
on 4/30/15 5:42 am

I had a LBL with muscle tightening and BL plus augmentation so this may not directly apply.

1. Binder. I still wear it at week 3, day and night. I am allowed to use spanx at this point since the drains are out but I like the extra tightness of the binder right now. I usually hear people wear them for 4 to 6 weeks.

2. My steri strips on my BL were removed on day 14. Didn't have any elsewhere.

3. Long incision creams. I am using biocorneum for BL scars and will use that on my LBL scars in a week or so. I used triple antibiotic on my drain site when it caused grief. But that's all.

4. I was able to work from home in my recliner very quickly. Day 5 I think. did half days by day 16 or so. Took it really easy. I'm on day 20 now and planning to do a full day tomorrow but we will see. If I feel iffy then I'll just go home. Half days are fine for me though.

I hope that helps!

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

Jvino
on 4/30/15 11:37 pm

Thank you. That helps a lot. I'm day 12. Back in hospital for possible hematoma, drain never changed to the desired color. I guess it's all expected. Obviously last night I was regretting it all again. 

manditude
on 5/1/15 1:56 pm

I had a hematoma and still have a seroma that has been aspirated once and is back already (2 days later). It sucks a lot. Aspirating it caused me to faint and I'm not even remotely squeamish with blood or gross stuff. It was just a sudden drop of blood pressure or something nuts.

But I did my full day at work and feel okay. we will see how next week goes. This is a ton harder than my DS, but it gets better every day!

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

songer48
on 5/1/15 9:13 am

I am exactly 4 weeks out.  I still have some of that rag doll feeling.  I no longer wear the binder that the hospital provided.  I now use spanx and other shapewear to provide support for healing muscles.  Your surgeon will tell you about the steri strips, but as I recall you let them fall off naturally.  I went back to work a week after surgery and that was overly ambitious on my part.  I now believe them when they say it is a 6-8 week recovery.  I am a professor, so I'm on my feet when I teach, but much of my job involves sitting in meetings, writing, grading, preparing lessons, etc.  Still that first week back (I did surgery during spring break) was grueling. 

But today I had a chance to do a little shopping.  I've dropped a little over 20 lbs (12 that came off during surgery and at least 10 more because I have no appetite at all).  I am wonderfully amazed at the clothes I can now wear.  I have a waist!  I have a flat tummy.  I can wear knit tops that hug me in the right places.  

Songer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
songer48
on 5/1/15 9:14 am

I am exactly 4 weeks out.  I still have some of that rag doll feeling.  I no longer wear the binder that the hospital provided.  I now use spanx and other shapewear to provide support for healing muscles.  Your surgeon will tell you about the steri strips, but as I recall you let them fall off naturally.  I went back to work a week after surgery and that was overly ambitious on my part.  I now believe them when they say it is a 6-8 week recovery.  I am a professor, so I'm on my feet when I teach, but much of my job involves sitting in meetings, writing, grading, preparing lessons, etc.  Still that first week back (I did surgery during spring break) was grueling. 

But today I had a chance to do a little shopping.  I've dropped a little over 20 lbs (12 that came off during surgery and at least 10 more because I have no appetite at all).  I am wonderfully amazed at the clothes I can now wear.  I have a waist!  I have a flat tummy.  I can wear knit tops that hug me in the right places.  

Songer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jvino
on 5/2/15 3:53 am

Thank you, I'm glad you are doing well. I has some complication. They found a hematoma so I've been stuck in the hospital for the last few days. So much pain in the abdomen area.Thank you. 

Most Active