Muscle Tightening questions on tummy tuck

elizzz
on 4/1/15 11:28 am

I had a consult today and was given the option for muscle tightening. not sure if I should do it. looking for opinions and guidance. pros and cons and pain info

thanks

Ihearttennis
on 4/1/15 2:11 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

It hurts but is worth it.  The pain is manageable with medication.  Ask for experal!

Have you checked out realself.com?  I found a lot of info there as well.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Needanewbeginning
on 4/1/15 9:57 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Yes, no question at all for me, I wouldn't have done my tt without it. Yup, hurts but meds help.

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

sk8muffsmom
on 4/2/15 2:04 am - Canada

Go for it! This way you will not have any regrets....... Your going this far, might as well go all the way! I didn't find it too painful at all. Good Luck with everything :)

KristieA
on 4/2/15 4:05 am - Orillia, Canada

I say do it.  Short term pain for long term gain.  I was hesitant at first due to the extra cost and recovery, but 100% glad I did.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

elizzz
on 4/2/15 8:48 am

thank you ladies

cutekatie
on 4/3/15 12:21 am
RNY on 05/16/12

My tummy tuck recovery wasn't that painful at all. The drain tubes were a lot more painful and once they were out it was wonderful.

I would ask your surgeon what your tummy muscles would look like if they aren't tightened. As others have said if you are going to get fixed up you might want to get it done all the way.

Some people don't need the tightening because their muscles are in the 'right' place, whereas others it isn't. I think having children and where the weight sat on your stomach can affect that.

There is a woman in here who posted a pic of her tummy tuck and she had no muscle tightening at all. Hopefully those that didn't' get it will respond as well.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/3/15 2:12 am

You really can't know what you'll look like from others result. It depends on your physical condition and how strong your core is. Some have worked their abs a lot and don't require tightening during their TT. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Laura in Texas
on 4/3/15 2:34 am

cutekaie is correct. Stomach muscles separate due to pregnancy and/or obesity. It has nothing to do with how fit you are right now. HERE are illustrations showing the separation. Only muscle tightening will bring them back together.

I had mine tightened and am thankful I did. I do believe it gave me a better shape.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

elizzz
on 4/3/15 3:27 am

thanks for the input. the surgeon said it was up to me to decide. he said most the time he will say yes to a patient that they need it or no that they don't but in my case he was leaving it up to me. said it would give a "concave look" not sure if it would be much difference to the naked eye whether or not i do it. i asked the surgeon but of course his view is different then the patient or the average person. he did say it would make a difference but wasn't too clear on how much of one.

Most Active