X-post 2 days post-op LBL and BL...what a wild ride it's been! (with photos)

Dcgirl
on 3/22/15 7:46 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi OH friends,

I apologize for not yet posting that I am alive and well from my lower body lift and breast lift I had on Friday.  Thanks so much for the well wishes and private notes!

If you had asked me up until this morning if it was worth it, I honestly don't know if I could have said yes.  The truth is, I had excruciating pain after surgery, a terrible night's sleep in the hospital, and even more pain last night.  It was much worse than I was expecting.  Even popping OxyCodone every 2.5 hours wasn't keeping the pain at bay.

The good news is that today the pain has subsided a bit.  Also I got up and showered and that made a world of difference.  And then finally, I could see the results and WOW I think once I am healed, I am going to be very very happy!

Honestly the circumferential scar and the breast incisions aren't what is causing major pain.  It's the muscle tightening in my abdomen.

Here are some before and afters.  The before are a week ago, and the after is today, two days postop.  I am going to get through this and am already loving the difference!

I have ZERO idea how anyone can have their arms done at the same time.  My arms are the only functioning part of my body to heave my out of bed and I truly can't imagine not being able to use them.

PS My surgeon also does butt augmentation so he gave me a "badonkadonk" which makes me very happy too!  Despite the pain I can already say I am glad I made this decision.

PSS  I never should have weighed myself this mining.  I am up TEN pounds - and while I know that is fluids, its still a dimmer!

Bye all! Hugs, Em

Sherrie P.
on 3/22/15 10:49 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Congrats!!

Yeah girl -- adding the arms was BRUTAL.  LOL --

Rest up ;-)

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Dcgirl
on 3/23/15 3:51 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Sherrie - I can't even imagine my arms done too! It is hard enough to sit up or sit on the toilet and if I didn't have my arms, well, wow. I don't know if I would have made it! You're amazing !

PinkLyfe
on 3/22/15 1:29 pm

Congratulations!  Did you receive lipo with your procedures? Did you get a pain pump post surgery?  I hope your are resting and healing well. Keep us updated 

Dcgirl
on 3/23/15 3:54 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hmmm I don't actually know if I had lipo. I will have to ask at my post op appointment! I didn't have a pain pump with Percocet after surgery in the hospital from 9 pm til 2  when I was discharged. I wish I still had it lol!

Ashley in Belgium
on 3/23/15 3:22 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

I'm going to admit to you Em that I am jealous of how good your legs look post-op!  I cried when I saw mine in the hospital after my TT.  They looked even worse after the rest was all tight and pulled up.  I can not wait to see how you do in a few weeks let alone months.  AWESOME!

Rest - rest some more and then even longer.  Be good to yourself. 

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Dcgirl
on 3/23/15 3:56 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ash I was totally not planning on an LBL but once the surgeon pulled and prodded my front skin to show me what a tummy tuck would do, it made my saggy ass that much more pronounced! Hence a full LbL. I'm so tired of resting but I am in pain and tired so I may take a nap :) Are you feeling well, I hope?

hugs!

Ashley in Belgium
on 3/23/15 5:05 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Oh I'd a had an LBL but my TT was part of a hernia repair. Beggars aren't choosers! 

I can't even think about another surgery right now but eventually I'll have a total rehaul. I am better but still weak and in pain from latest hernia crapola. Time is my friend/enemy! 

Take the good drugs and watch trash tv. 

Hugs!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

PinkLyfe
on 3/23/15 4:28 am

I doesnt sound like you had lipo dc girl. You would know it, you would be in a lot of pain n black n  blue. It also would of been written up on your estimate n bill.  

Ihearttennis
on 3/23/15 2:14 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

I'm glad you are recovering well. Congratulations, you look great and it only gets better.  I did my arms at the same time but because the muscle tightening hurt so much I really didn't pay attention to the arms.  It  wasn't until my stomach started feeling better that I noticed the arm and breast pain.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Most Active