Tummy tuck question

Slowbutsteady2013
on 3/24/15 12:24 am

I plan to have a tummy tuck in June.  My surgeon gives the option of an overnight hospital stay.  I am wondering if it will be worth the extra money.  I had a breast and arm lift in January and came home that night with no problems.  I will have my husband with me so will not be alone.  Can anyone share their experience?

Needanewbeginning
on 3/24/15 1:04 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I stayed one night in the surgical step down unit at our hospital. It was covered by OHIP as my panni was approved through OHIP and I upgraded to the full tummy tuck. 

I was happy to stay the night, less stress for my husband especially with my health history of a cardiac arrest.

Its a personal choice, if you don't have any serious health issues. If you can go home you will sleep much better that's for sure and with your hubby there, your in great hands.

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Slowbutsteady2013
on 3/24/15 3:44 am

Thanks for your response. I hate to seem cheap but it is a lot of money for one night.  

Ihearttennis
on 3/25/15 11:55 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

If you are having your muscles tightened with your tummy tuck it hurts a lot more than arms and breasts. I stayed overnight but had a lbl/ba/brachioplasty.  My sister had a tummy tuck/arms/ breasts and came home the same day and did fine.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Slowbutsteady2013
on 3/25/15 7:36 pm

Thanks.  I appreciate the information.

Most Active