Help! Deep Marionette Lines!

ipray
on 3/15/15 6:04 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Hello, I am 55 years old and have lost 55 lbs from VSG surgery. (I have 45 more lbs to go before I reach goal). I have extremely deep marionette and nasolabial fold lines. They were pretty bad before surgery, but now they are terrible and I am only half way to goal. Can anyone recommend a good filler for these deep ditches? If so, how long will it last and can I get the filler soon after I reach goal? (I don't want to wait a year after reaching goal to get fillers.  Will wait that long if I have to for an actual face lift). Do you think I would save money in the long run by just going with a face lift. (I'd rather not have a lift if I can go the filler route). Would appreciate your opinons/experiences! Thanks!   

Cynthia L.
on 3/16/15 3:57 am - Clarence, NY

You can get a filler now, no real need to wait since its temporary anyway.

Any good plastic surgeon/medispa can suggest which filler is best for you.

My suggestion is to go with the filler now, and then once that's depleted you should be ready for your face lift.

This is exactly what I'm doing. I've been using fillers for years, but getting head-to-toe "the works" this year, ending with a face and neck lift.  I've completed round 1 of 4, so far.

I've stopped my fillers about six months ago, so by the time I'm ready for the last round of (facial) plastics, the surgeon will be evaluating the real unaltered me!

Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

ipray
on 3/16/15 6:29 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank you Cyn! That makes absolute sense and very helpful!  I am going your route as I need a neck lift as well, so fillers now, face and neck lifts later.  Thanks for replying. (I bet you look marvelous!) Good luck on your remaining plastics! By the way, what kind of fillers are you using?

Cynthia L.
on 3/16/15 6:45 am - Clarence, NY

Well, Dr. Agha is truly an artist. 2 more rounds to go with him, then I'll most likely do the facial work locally. I'm in NY, he's in SoCal and there are good face guys here.

This last round of fillers I did a new version of Juvederm, which is supposed to last months longer than the regular strength. I added fillers to my lips, THAT hurt, but results were magical, and used the last of a vial to build up cheek bones...aka poor mans lower eye lift.

Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

ipray
on 3/16/15 7:27 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Perfect!!! Thank you so much!!!

Mell
on 3/16/15 5:57 am

I am about 20 years younger than you but I was overweight my whole life and once I lost the first 100 I looked drawn.  I joined a friend to Mexico when she got her boobs done and he did fat fillers in the apples of my cheeks and nasolabial fold lines.  Basically the sucked out fat from my abdominal area when and purified (or what ever to make it good to back in) it and injected it in my cheeks and folds. The cheeks are still all there but he folds did not hold as well (I also lost another 30lbs or so) but are still improved.  My friends folds lasted and still look great 3 years down the road.  

I get a small amount of Perlane (one syringe total) once a year along with some botox in my forehead.

Good luck!!!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

ipray
on 3/16/15 6:33 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thanks for responding!  Sounds like I may need to use fillers for the folds instead of fat if I want to do this soon, as I will continue to lose weight. (I look like a bulldog lol!) I will check about the Perlane and botox. Thanks again for your reply!!!    

Cynthia L.
on 3/16/15 6:48 am - Clarence, NY

Botox is also good above the brow line to slightly lift those puppies. Better living through chemistry, right?

Cyn

ipray
on 3/16/15 7:29 am
VSG on 11/06/14

I agree!  The botox above the brow sounds like it would be good for me as well, as below the brow is puffy. (I am going to be so poor when it is all said and done!) 

Mell
on 3/17/15 1:04 am

Poor but you will feel GREAT!

Just a few things to keep in mind, a bottle of Botox expires in 4 hours what this can mean for you is if you go to a spa or salon for the injections they tend to give you more than less so they are not out any money from expired Botox.  Botox works best at room temperature so ask if you can hold the bottle in your hands while they prep everything else.  Make sure you see the package that the syringe of filler comes in and make sure you see them open it yourself, they come preloaded and packaged individually.

I personally use a doctor at my medical organization (Sutter Health) my thought is this doctor is not personally out any $$$ if the bottle expires so he is less inclined to over inject me with Botox.

After you get botox above the brow ask the doctor to apply pressure upward at injection site (or you do it yourself) there have been cases where the botox slips down and can droop the eye.  You will also have a slight headache that may last  a few days after Botox in the forehead, I am not sure why really but my thought is your muscles are trying to move as you would normally so you are kind of fighting the Botox.

Good luck!!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Most Active