Researching surgeons for Reconstructive Surgery in...

Cindy Cooney
on 3/11/15 7:36 pm - NJ
DS on 06/30/14

I had DS surgery last summer and I have lost a total of 120 pounds.  But at my heaviest I was 380 and now I am down to to 167.  I only would like to lose another 17 pounds.  I strength train and people think I am crazy to lose that much, but I want a healthier BMI. 

This summer I would like to consult a plastic surgeon in Mexico.  The surgery I would plan for the summer of 2016.  I teach so I am not rich and I need to get an estimate of the cost and start saving and figure out how I would finance the plastics.  Also summer is when I am off and I have the time to recover.    I am looking to have a lower body life, brachioplasty, breast lift, neck lift and eye lift.  Then my students will not tell me I look so tired. 

So share with me your recommendations, any scary stories and things that I need to look for.

RNY - 3/26/14

HW - 380

CW 0 259

DS - 7/30/14

HW - 285

CW - 264.4

Dr. Greenbaum

hollykim
on 3/12/15 12:53 am, edited 3/12/15 12:53 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 12, 2015 at 2:36 AM Pacific Time, Cindy Cooney wrote:

I had DS surgery last summer and I have lost a total of 120 pounds.  But at my heaviest I was 380 and now I am down to to 167.  I only would like to lose another 17 pounds.  I strength train and people think I am crazy to lose that much, but I want a healthier BMI. 

This summer I would like to consult a plastic surgeon in Mexico.  The surgery I would plan for the summer of 2016.  I teach so I am not rich and I need to get an estimate of the cost and start saving and figure out how I would finance the plastics.  Also summer is when I am off and I have the time to recover.    I am looking to have a lower body life, brachioplasty, breast lift, neck lift and eye lift.  Then my students will not tell me I look so tired. 

So share with me your recommendations, any scary stories and things that I need to look for.

I ised dr Sauceda in Monterey,MX. You can send him pics,front,back,both sides and close up of your face,to [email protected] and he will give you a quote. Put "quote"in the subject line. 

Edited to add he has a group on OH. Dr Saucedas patients,under groups.

jenn1469
on 3/13/15 8:24 am

She post this every time someone ask a question on here I think she's a sales rep. You can go on real self.com and get a lot of info. I am going in June to Mexico for my ps

Jennifer

Cindy Cooney
on 3/13/15 9:59 pm - NJ
DS on 06/30/14

Yes, I planned to travel to Tyler, Texas for a consultation.  I like to get all of my ducks in a row and would like to maybe split surgeries up over the next couple of years.  I am dying for a breast lift right now.

RNY - 3/26/14

HW - 380

CW 0 259

DS - 7/30/14

HW - 285

CW - 264.4

Dr. Greenbaum

jenn1469
on 3/13/15 11:53 pm

To get breast done I think is the cheapest of the surgeries. I'm getting mine done too with a tummy tuck and Lipo. Good luck hope you find a good doctor.

Jennifer

Iam_with_the_Band
on 3/18/15 6:21 pm

She's not a sales rep for Sauceda.  He actually has no employees other than himself.  He answers all his own email and phone calls.  I post as often as I can also, we do because we love Sauceda.  He has a lot of integrity and he's just a very skilled surgeon who has a lot of experience with Massive WLS patients.  His aftercare is all included, including your airfare, hotel and his RN if your surgery costs over $7K. 

Sorry if it irritates you to see his name over and over again, BUT he's the best in Mexico and his aftercare rocks!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

southernoregon
on 3/14/15 8:09 am

Just FYI, Dr. Sauceda does not have sales reps, but HollyKim is a patient.   I am going in May to Monterrey for surgery with Dr. S.  (and it was the OH patients group that gave me enough information to make  the decision..... I have been to RealSelf and while I found lots of sales pitches by docs, did not base my decision on where/when/how/and $$ based on realself )

Karen

Robbin
on 3/15/15 1:26 am - OK

When I had my band in January, 2007 a lady in the office was getting her eyes done by Alejandro Quiroz m.d. I know nothing about him or his work personally though. I have been thinking lately of doing some research. My cheeks melted lol

Iam_with_the_Band
on 3/18/15 6:22 pm, edited 3/18/15 6:22 pm

There have been some very seriously bad outcomes by Dr Quiroz.  One patient used to post here frequently.  She almost died there in the hotel alone post surgery.  Two people in my WLS support group went to him.  They were angry at me for telling them that I didn't recommend him from my research.  They returned and sent me a letter apologizing since they found for themselves his work was not good and they were unsafe while there at his clinic.

Really do your research on any one in Mexico.  There are several very very good and safe surgeons, but I don't believe I would send anyone to Dr Quiroz.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Robbin
on 3/19/15 5:23 pm - OK

Whew! Thanks for the info.

Most Active