NEED HELP FOR abdominoplasty

jrubedjmp3
on 3/2/15 6:25 am, edited 3/2/15 8:55 am

Hi Everyone,

So I n

cutekatie
on 3/2/15 7:07 am
RNY on 05/16/12

This probably is not the best site to post this type of request as we are all in need of plastic surgery, more plastic surgery, better plastic surgery.

I find these gofundme requests to mostly be selfish people.

Do what everyone else did to get plastic surgery - investigate insurance, take out a loan, or do what most people do when they need something - save up :)

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

jrubedjmp3
on 3/2/15 7:09 am

I can't find any insurance that will cover it

A_Whole_New_Me
on 3/2/15 8:33 am

I agree with Katie, everyone here is saving for their own surgeries, so you are unlikely to find any contributors. 

Personally, i would never dream of asking anyone else to pay for my surgery. I figure if you want it badly enough, you can make it happen.

I moved to a teeny, tiny apartment, drive a 16 year old car and live VERY frugally to save for my surgeries. I was injured very badly in a car accident and live on disability but I am still squirreling a little away each month. 

Tricia

jrubedjmp3
on 3/2/15 9:00 am

Can someone help me find resources about insurance? I'm new here and don't know where to look or what to look for

Iam_with_the_Band
on 3/3/15 5:55 am

I think it comes down to getting on the phone and calling insurance companies and asking if they cover skin removal post weight loss. My insurance doesn't. I sold my car, rented my home (moved into a studio) got a second job and lived simply. If you want it bad enough you will work and save for it.  

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

jenn1469
on 3/2/15 9:35 am

I am having in June I have been paying every month and I'm doing it. We are not rich my husband does construction and I don't work. I am doing in Mexico I can't afford in states. I am going by myself because we can't afford for him to go and take off work. Knowing I will be there alone to take care of myself in my hotel room. But o want this so bad I can do this and I will be strong. 

I cook everyday now for my family instead of having them out to eat. I don't go shopping for stuff we don't need. I ad match and use coupons. I have done so many things to make this surgery possible. You can do this also if you really want it.

Jennifer

andrewt159
on 3/10/15 3:29 pm - beverly hills, CA

The toughest task for you to find an experienced surgeon who had already done many abdominoplasty surgeries. Only through an experienced surgeon you will get your desired results.

WorkItOutWoman
on 3/21/15 3:31 am

I find that people on the plastics forum can be so sanctimonious. I save and scrimped so you should as well blah blah blah. What if this place was truly a collective and the thousands of members who suck up information and lurked for free gave 10 a month? Countless people could be helped. 

BoutThatLife

Iam_with_the_Band
on 3/30/15 6:59 pm, edited 3/30/15 6:59 pm

Gave $10 a month? So others could sit on their butts and have free surgery while I work two jobs? Right! Forget that! If it's important to you, you work for it. Old fashioned get off your butt and go to work day after day! 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active