pre- opp Friday, any recomendations?

Sanstar
on 2/25/15 11:54 am

Having pre-opp Friday with Dr Domanskis, in Newport Beach, CA.  Any recommendations?

to back up a bit, let me tell you a little bit of my story.

On 7-31-12 I had RYGB, lost Half of my self, went from 280 to 145.  Currently between 148 & 155.

on 12-9-13 I had a breast lift and tummy tuck.  Didn't turn out so good,  Got several outside opinions from other Dr's,   

On 6-10-14, I ended up back in the hospital for a double Hernia one Incisional, and one Inguinal.

I'm not sure what caused them , but I have my suspicions. Huge Hospital Bills and now another 2 scars.

To make a long story short, Dr Domanskis is going to make me feel like a real person again, and I'm both excited and nervous at the same time.  When I get thru this, I will post pics of the before and after.

Does any one have any suggestions as to what I might need to go thru this?  I have complete faith in my doctor, he is very understanding and very caring.  Any one out there had these two surgery's and how long before you could go back to work?

Also has anyone been to Dr Domanskis for any work?

Thanks Sandy

Mju712
on 2/28/15 2:36 pm, edited 2/28/15 2:37 pm - Victorville, CA

Hi Sandy,

Would you mind if I asked who your first surgeons were or where they were located at least?

Thank you,

Misty

Sanstar
on 3/4/15 11:52 am

Hi Misty,

I had my first surgery in Arizona at Tempe St Lukes Hospital.  The Doctor that did the surgery is no longer working there, and I no longer am one of his paitents.  I switched to someone else for my follow up, and he no longer does weight loss surgeries.  Needless to say it is highly recomended that you find some one who is going to stay in that peticular type of practice for a long time.

Sanstar
on 3/4/15 11:56 am

Went to my pre opp, and the DR decided it was best to do one surgery at a time.  Having the BL on Monday, hope I get a few replies b4 then.  Dr says it is a 2-3 hr surgery and aprox 1 hr in the recovery. Will be staying in town to see him on Tuesday b4 making the trip home.

Sounds easy enough, 2 to 3 week recovery ans I can go back to work.  Will try to keep this up dated.

Mju712
on 3/4/15 1:50 pm - Victorville, CA

Great! Please keep me updated.

Sanstar
on 3/5/15 10:21 am

Just got a call from the Hospital, Seems they want a Cardiac Clerence from a Cardio DR, they didn't like my EKG results.

Even though it didn't look any different then the last 3 I've had.  So now that I have made all the arrangements for rental car hotel room and medical leave from work, I have two days ,Friday & Saturday to get this done, or cancell the surgery untill a later date and hope I can cancell everything else.   Lord, help me get thru this.  I don't understand why they couldn't get the medical records from the previous surgerys.   Stay tuned for the next episode............

Sanstar
on 3/7/15 10:46 am

Well, found a Dr who greatfully squeezed me in for a Friday afternoon appt, and  I got everything cleared up. But my DR had to reschedule me for Tuesday Morning.  So today I ran around and got all my thing I think I need, since I've had no sugestions from anyone.  I'll post again when I get out of surgery.

Sandy

Sanstar
on 3/15/15 12:54 pm

Well, I made it through surgery with no problems. The day before surgery Dr Dominskis called me to be sure I was doing ok and would get a good night sleep. The next morning I went to th hospital, The staff is very efficent and took me into the pre opp area. I met my nurse and the anistiaolgist, and then Dr.Dominskis came to see me. He told me again what was going to happen. I remember being wheeled into the operating room and the next thing that I remember is waking up in recovery. I was going to go home that night, but it was decided that I needed to stay over night. The hospital took me to my room and the nurses were there continusly to be sure I was doing OK. The Dr cam in to see me several times during my stay. The day I went home, the nurses cleaned all my incisions, and the Dr Bandaged me,and put me into my garment. Dr.Dominskis is caring and compassionate about his patients. He called me both before and after my surgery to follow up on my well being, Tomorrow I will drive 300 plus miles for a follow up visit, The staff at his office go above and beyond to see that you get the care you need, I would highly recommend Dr Domanskis if you are looking for a great Dr. In the future I will be going back to Dr. Domanskis if I require any further surgeries. If you are looking for a great surgeon you should give him a call. Dr. Edward J Domanskis MD Plastic Surgeon, Surgeon, Otolaryngological Surgeon 40 years of experience Newport Beach 1441 Avocado Ave Ste 307 Newport Beach, CA 92660 (949) 438-5993

Sanstar
on 4/18/15 2:35 am

Well, its been a little while, but I am doing ok.  my incesions are all healing, just two small areas that are being a pain.

One has a stitch coming through and it was preventing it from closing.  The Dr removed it and now its almost completely closed.

I can finally go wothout wearing a girdle, ans my size 8 pants fit really nice, woo hoo. 

Yesterday I went for a check up and had great news. I will be getting my TT as soon as the rest of my incesion closes.  Dr said about 1 month.  I am trying to save up enough Money to have a BL with implants at the same time,

but don't know if that will be possible at this time.  Its all a waiting game.  Unfortunatly I am 68yrs old and can't afford to wait to much longer. LOL 

Starting to get my things I need for the TT, does anyone have a list.  I already have a walker.  But this little town I live in doesn't even have anyplace to get bandages and supplies, so I'm thinking mail order is my only option, unless I can finds them in AZ, across the river.

Thanks for any input you might have.

Sandy

manditude
on 4/19/15 4:53 pm

I picked up most of my bandages and tape from amazon. I also picked up a wedge pillow from amazon and that has been invaluable. Helps sleeping so much.

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

Most Active