Lower body lift and arm lift

SHELLYTEA1
on 2/18/15 11:46 pm - Kemp, TX

I am having a lower body lift and arm lift on Tuesday and I am so nervous but the excitement seems to over power my nerves. If anyone has had this done at the same time and has any advice or suggestions please shoot them my way. I would also like to hear about your recovery and what the pain was like compared to the gastric bypass recovery.

Thanks in advance

emelar
on 2/19/15 8:27 am - TX

Do you have someone at home who'll be able to help you up and down?  I had both surgeries, but not at the same time.  I can't imagine having my arms disabled at the same time a the LBL.  The abdominal muscle repair is painful and I used my arms a LOT to shift around, pull myself up, ease myself down.  If you don't have someone at home to help, definitely rent a power recliner - one that will semi push you into standing position.  Get a female urinal to reduce the number of times you have to shift into sitting position on the toilet.  Take your pain meds.  Get a grabber to pick up things from the floor - it's amazing how many things end up on the floor when you're wobbly!

Sherrie P.
on 2/20/15 10:08 am
RNY on 02/06/13

It was horrible. 10 x worse than bypass surgery.  

Here is my advice:

1. have a recliner at the ready and be prepared to sleep in it

2. Make sure you have someone with you to lift things and help you wash your hair

3. Take your pain medicine preventatively - do not get behind. It is easier to prevent than fix...

4. Do not let yourself get constipated. You will be miserable. Very miserable.  Miralax, smooth moves tea - colace.

Be prepared to be out of commission. 

It was awesome to have the skin gone - but the recovery was tough.  Be patient!  I still don't feel normal and I am almost 6 months out. 

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

TashRobinson
on 3/2/15 4:24 pm

Hi SHELLYTEA1, just wanted to see how your surgery went!

im thinking about doing a lower bodylift + arms also. Have soo much loose skin its driving me crazy.

Time to take back my life

Angelina H.
on 3/4/15 12:01 pm

Hey checking to see how you are doing

Most Active