Is a mini TT enough??

Huneypie
on 2/14/15 8:13 pm, edited 3/9/15 3:57 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I just saw this pic of Cindy Crawford from when she was 46 (it was taken in 2013) and it made my heart sink to see that even she doesn't have awesome abs.  Anyways, my point being that my stomach isn't too dissimilar - would a mini TT be enough?

*ETA I barely got up to a BMI of 30 and I don't have stretch marks.

Cindy

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Sherrie P.
on 2/15/15 5:39 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Enough for what? That is the real question. To have a super flat tummy probably not.

To make you feel better about yourself? Perhaps?

I had a full tummy tuck because I decided that if I was going through surgery I was getting the full deal.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Huneypie
on 2/16/15 12:39 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Ugh - I thought as much.  Seems like a way more painful surgery though and it also begs the question 'what's the point of a mini TT'!! :-S

Many thanks for your input. ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Sherrie P.
on 2/16/15 9:11 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Muscle tightening is a ***** No doubt. It was crazy painful - but nothing pain meds can't cure. If you have enough support, time off, money and can go 6 weeks without lifting I would do the whole enchilada.

Mini is surely cheaper and less painful. It's tightening the muscles that hurt. Skin removal is no big deal.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

DrL
on 2/16/15 9:59 am - Houston, TX

Hi. Congrats on your progress. A mini TT benefits very few patients.  Those with very little excess skin (and none on the hips or sides of the abdomen) may benefit from minimal skin removal and muscle tightening alone.

I rarely perform them, and its a real bummer when a patient wants more of a result and is looking at a re-do !

As for pain, use of numbing medication (begun while you are still asleep and then placed in a pump that runs continuously for 2 days) can go a long way to mitigate the pain of a TT. It compares favorably with pain control by narcotics alone. 

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Huneypie
on 2/17/15 12:34 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Thanks for your input... I'll have to start saving and until then I'll be wearing a one piece by the pool!! ;-)

I  my DS  

DrL
on 2/16/15 10:09 am - Houston, TX

I think its great that a supermodel who is supposed to be "perfect" has no problem showing what the body looks like after pregnancy and a good deal of sun exposure.  There are other pics of her at the beach where she also isn't afraid to hide what is there. It is what it is, and the point is that she is obviously OK with it.  

The decision to change your body by whatever means you so choose (WLS, diet, boot camp, ETT, BA, tattoos, whatever) must likewise be respected. I say this because I find that we (myself included) often may render strong opinions about what others "should" do in this very personal regard.

My only cause for comment should be if I am asked, or if there is a safety issue that I as a physician can point out. Sorry OT but I feel I can say it here.

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Linda B.
on 3/8/15 4:16 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

DH and I both got mini TT's at no cost because we participated in a medical study. It wasn't enough for either one of us. Yes, it is better than it was, but we both would like a revision when we can afford it.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Huneypie
on 3/9/15 3:14 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Urgh - I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.  Thanks for your input - I guess I'll just keep dreaming until the end of the year as I can't afford to do anything before then.

I  my DS  

Most Active