Corset lift

Jvino
on 2/4/15 1:38 pm

Hi y'all. Haven't posted in awhile. Down about 120lbs 16 months out. Dr's are recommending a corset pani(lift) too long to pronounce. Anyone familiar? How long is recovery, much pain? 

Pro's, con's(other than scars) 

thanks

Sherrie P.
on 2/5/15 2:21 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I had a full tummy tuck, with a vertical incision as well as horizontal. My stomach looks great. It was very painful. I was out of work for two weeks and could not lift for 6 weeks. I did not feel like exercising for almost 12 weeks.  

All that being said, getting rid of the skin was worth the pain!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

DrL
on 2/7/15 1:41 am - Houston, TX

Congratulations on your excellent progress. "Corset" tummy tuck, panniculectomy, or whatever has several other names. Like Fleur-de-lis, anchor, and inverted-T tummy tuck.  I call it tummy tuck or body lift with vertical incision just to add to the confusion.  

The idea is to tighten skin horizontally, from left to right.  The problems are mainly poor healing and wound separation where the 2 incisions come together down in the pubic area.   Cosmetically, the procedure is not a good substitute for a body lift as it does not address buttock and back skin or the back part of the hip very well.

Cases 2 and 4 at LoMonaco Body Lift Pics  are good examples of patients who benefited from this approach.

Hope this helps !

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
sqwirl72
on 2/11/15 4:49 am - NJ

I had a corset body lift on 12/19/14.  I was out of work for 3 weeks.  I would have been back sooner but my incision opened up a bit.  Don't let that scare you, in general I don't do well with surgery.  The pain was very minimal.  It wasn't really pain but more of a burning sensation like when you cut yourself.  I am extremely happy with the results as is my doctor.  They removed 12lbs of excess skin and fat and I now have a flat stomach which I have never had in my entire life.  I hope this helps.

Most Active